Old 03-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
I had Camping World install the Blue Ox base plate on my Smart Car Toad about this time last year. Was about $1,000 for the baseplate, wiring kit, etc. The installation was almost free. They had a $39.00 install ANYTHING promo going and I took advantage of it. The Blue Ox Aventa tow bar I found with the help of a travel club member on Craigs list for $275 vs about $1,000. Go used on the tow bar, like noted above there are gently used ones out there.
etrailer dot com can give you list prices as well as suggested items needed. I started my research with them.

2006 Sunseeker 3100SS/LTD
2008 Smart Passion Cabriolet TOAD
1986 Honda Helix (Original owner)

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
Take a Look at Butch's Latch Safety Kit

I just bought a 5th Wheel Latch Kit from Butch's Services (link to his website below) for $69.00. Installed it with no problems. Performs the same function as the Blue Ox. Highly recommend you look at this option before making a decision.

Home Butch's Services

Gonetothedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:31 PM   #13
Thanks everyone! I will definitely check all these tips out!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
gigi15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #14
I have A 2011 Jeep Wrangler I spent about $2300 for hitch mounting plate and plug and wiring for lights so the turn signals and brake lights work and I spent more money on a buddy brake.
2013 Georgetown 351dsf
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Grouch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #15
Okay- that was about what we were quoted. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
gigi15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #16
Blue OX Aladdin ..

gtony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #17
Coincidently, I just got my Blue Ox tow bar today. I went with the Aladin (7,500 capacity, even though my 2015 Georgetown max towing capacity is 5,000). Many years in military taught me to opt for more than the minimum when it's available. I also went with the Blue Ox base plate and Patriot brake system. The base plate itself is as easy as pie, but getting your car fascia off is another thing. Thankfully, the directions were fairly simple and had pictures every step of the way. Even better, Blue Ox has video clips on their site that walk you through every step for many different vehicle types (mine is a Jeep Liberty). Finally, although I would have preferred a permanent brake system, I was leery about the installation, wiring and air or hydraulic lines. There are 5-10 brake systems on the market and each has its advocates and detractors. The Blue Ox Patriot is very simple to install...hook it to the brake pedal, plug it into a 12v source and plug in the wire for the breakaway cord. That's it. Further, I couldn't find much negative on an extensive Web search, which I can't say for several others. As you might have guessed, I went with all Blue Ox equipment because of their generally good reputation and because an experienced traveler I respect said, "Just go Blue Ox everything and you won't go wrong". One last note, Blue Ox prices are set by the company. So, not much good trying to get a better price unless you go for EBay or some other source of used items. My advice, go with the dealer that has been in the business a while and has a good reputation. I got everything from

2015 GT 364TSF
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote

blue ox