Old 04-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #1

Bought new 3170DS on 4/11, trying to fix a few issues before our first trip

After months of looking, my family purchased a 2015 3170DS this past Saturday. Currently it is sitting in my driveway instead of storage as I am trying to fix a few things and get it ready for our first outing. Overall we are happy with our purchase but I am a bit mad at myself for not finding some of the issues before taking delivery.

Here is my to do list:
1. Install roof vents covers (done)
2. Buy exterior cab cover (done)
3. Wash/wax exterior
4. Run a tank of water thru it and install water filter
5. Install trailer brake contoller
6. Install backsplash behind sink (like behind stove)

Here is the list of items that need addressed:
1. Front TV doesn't work off of in dash DVD player. (Dealer promised it was verified. I have tried to figure it out for hours. Pulled the dash apart and can see a loose yellow rca cable behind the stereo so I am thinking it wasn't ever hooked up right.)
2. Broken shower door latch
3. Exterior TV cracked frame (dealer ordered)
4. Bedroom door damaged by the strap that holds it back (dealer ordered)
5. Passenger slide cover torn (dealer ordered)

The family is excited to get out with it. We also have a Polaris 900 XP4 that we will trailer behind the Class C for off road fun.

Any ideas on getting the dvd working for the front tv would be great, as I really don't want to drive an hour to have the dealer look at it.

Brian

Old 04-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #2
Average Joe

I wish I was looking at mine. The input setting on the TV needs to change to match the DVD player, either AV1 or AV2. I can't recall. I have the Magnadyne unit in the dash.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
I wish I was looking at mine. The input setting on the TV needs to change to match the DVD player, either AV1 or AV2. I can't recall. I have the Magnadyne unit in the dash.
Thanks for the reply. Ours has a Jensen in dash and Jensen TV as well.

Been watching Kung Fu Panda on the in dash but I cant get video to the front tv or audio thru the ceiling speakers regardless of the TV setting. I have tried all input settings several times. I don't see a switchbox anywhere so I am at a loss here.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
Average Joe

Have you played with the output settings on the in-dash? Seems to me, we had to change the output, too.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #5

Got it! Thanks
Old 04-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6inthefamily View Post
Got it! Thanks
What fixed it?
Old 04-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #7

This sounds goofy, but its what I did.

I turned off the power switch by the back door for 5 minutes and powered off the in dash reciever.
When I turned the power switch back on the outside radio came on blaring so I unlocked that cabinet and turned it of. (It had been off since Saturday)
When I powered back on the in dash DVD the TV and ceiling speakers joined right in. I hadn't even got around to running thru the TV inputs again.

I assume it is working correctly as the volume on the in dash controls the speakers in the cab and ceiling. The tv volume control doesn't control anything.

Just glad it's working as my 4 kids will be thrilled.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #8

First trip with the 3170DS went very well. Forgot a few things at home and ran out of water sooner than expected (with 2 adults and 5 kids) but overall it was a great trip. Put a bit over 600 miles on it.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #9

Old 05-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #10

I continue to be "electronically challenged" with this RV. The only issue we couldn't resolve on the road was regarding playing DVD's in the in dash player while driving.
if you put in a dvd while driving down the road the dvd would start and play the previews. when you get to the screen to select "Play" we got stuck. We don't seen to have a dvd remote that works and you cant control the DVD while driving as the screen says "engage parking brake to view movie". So I had to pull over, engage parking brake, start movie a few times to keep the kids happy while driving.
The RV is in storage and I haven't had time to try to figure out what we are doing wrong.

a lot of chassis flex using the automatic leveling jacks. I will also start leveling the rv slightly with blocks first and using the leveling jacks of fine tuning. the first time we tried the leveling jacks it tweaked the frame so much you could not open the bathroom door.

overall the family loves our 3170DS

Tags