Old 08-18-2015, 05:56 PM   #11

Rods

Have never received a new Rv with those rods. Have had many new ones,many different manufactures.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:24 PM   #12

Rods what rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf65 View Post
On previously owned travel trailers with slides I was told that when the slide was retracted I needed to wedge a brace rod between the outer wall of the trailer and the inside front frame of the slide. I now have a 2700DS with two slides, there were no braces included with the unit, and after looking at the unit I can't see a way to use them because of the rubber seals around the slide. So my question is do I need them with the new slides?
I have owned 2 FR 5th wheels, my cousin owns a motorhome and none come with rods for the slides, my 5th wheel has hydrylic slides, the motorhome has electric slides, the only difference is on the motorhome only on the fullwall slide there are travel locks built in, but Fleetwood says this is only to make sure while in transit as it is the whole wall of the coach.
So yes I would contact FR and check with them and slide types and styes change all the time.

silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:43 PM   #13
Canadian Member

Be aware that this thread is about Sunseeker Class C motorhomes. Info from Joshua Cavitt is not necessarily applicable to any other RV. There are several slide out systems in use by FR and they are not all the same.

If you have those white stickers on your wall for placement of the braces (aka locks), there is no reason not to use the braces as long as you remember to remove them before putting the slide out. FR manuals are silent on whether or not they have to be used or even when they should be used.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #14

Thanks for all of the replies, I knew I would get an answer here.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf65 View Post
On previously owned travel trailers with slides I was told that when the slide was retracted I needed to wedge a brace rod between the outer wall of the trailer and the inside front frame of the slide. I now have a 2700DS with two slides, there were no braces included with the unit, and after looking at the unit I can't see a way to use them because of the rubber seals around the slide. So my question is do I need them with the new slides?
I got two braces but have to slides never used them. Mainly if you happen to forget them you will total out the trim and seal.

Tags
slide, slide out