Old 03-25-2016, 10:17 PM   #11

I can check tomorrow night if my bathroom gfi outlet is on the bedroom circuit.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #12

I did this, when you reset the breakers, did you push them down and than back up? Just thinking of ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 03-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #13

BRAND New Sunseeker 2800QS No power in Bedroom

I know on a brand new unit you want to go to your dealer for all the obvious reasons but have you checked to see if you have a reputable Independent RV repair shop close by,or a mobile repair man?
If it's something simple they could save you a lot of aggravation and the expense of an hour and a half drive has to be factored in not to mention if the dealer gets into something more involved and cuts into your trip
We have a family owned business just 15 min from the house and they have taken care of all my Stuff at one time or another.
I especially appreciate their quick turn around time
I dropped of my old Horse trailer (light&electrical problems) in the morning and it was done the same day at 2:00
Just another option so your trip still goes off on time.
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
I can check tomorrow night if my bathroom gfi outlet is on the bedroom circuit.
I can't say for sure about your coach, but it's not likely that all receptacles are supplied through the bathroom GFI receptacle. Those not near water or outside are likely on another breaker.

One problem I've seen posted on this forum is that the receptacles used on RV'S are a quick-install design. Sometimes the connections aren't made well. Power can come to a receptacle but not continue to the next one.

Also, if you find you have a bad breaker, the breakers used are standard household items available at any home store or electrical supply. They may have to order a "tandem" breaker (two breakers in a one-inch case) if that's what is bad.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #15

Another thought.

On our Sunseeker, the circuit for all the receptacles that are not on the GFI circuit are fed through the receptacle that feeds the convertor. That receptacle is under the bed on ours. Yours may be also hidden. Be sure to check it.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #16

Great input!!

I will be checking all of your suggestions.

Thanks so much
Old 03-26-2016, 03:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckrdp View Post
Great input!!

I will be checking all of your suggestions.

Thanks so much
What has not been mentioned is the circuit not being grounded. Not having a ground is equally bad to not having power. If wire nuts were used, that may be the first place to look. The ground on house current (120V) should be a white wire. A second ground wire is usually green. The hot wire should be black. On a three-way circuit, there will also be a red wire (not relevant in this case). Twelve volt wire color coding is somewhat different, so we won't confuse the issue.

If you have a length of insulated 14 ga wire long enough to reach from the GFI to the closest outlet, you can try this. Expose the backs of the GFI and one outlet. Plug a lamp into one of the dead outlets (make sure the light switch is on). Then jump the white from the GFI to the white on the dead outlet. If the lamp lights, it is a faulty ground. Your dead outlets are wired in parallel, so either they all work or they don't.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:17 PM   #18

I had a chance to check my 2801 which should be identical to your unit. The gfi circuit controls all interior outlets in coach including the the one on the bed except one outlet just below bedroom tv. Its the third breaker in the power center labeled gfi.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
What has not been mentioned is the circuit not being grounded. Not having a ground is equally bad to not having power. If wire nuts were used, that may be the first place to look. The ground on house current (120V) should be a white wire. A second ground wire is usually green. The hot wire should be black. On a three-way circuit, there will also be a red wire (not relevant in this case). Twelve volt wire color coding is somewhat different, so we won't confuse the issue.

If you have a length of insulated 14 ga wire long enough to reach from the GFI to the closest outlet, you can try this. Expose the backs of the GFI and one outlet. Plug a lamp into one of the dead outlets (make sure the light switch is on). Then jump the white from the GFI to the white on the dead outlet. If the lamp lights, it is a faulty ground. Your dead outlets are wired in parallel, so either they all work or they don't.
I wouldn't suggest this trouble shooting technique to someone who has already admitted to being scared of electricity. I have worked with electricity for over 30 years and not sure I would try it either.

Just so everyone is aware, the white wire is not ground. The white wire is neutral. It can and does carry current. Ground wire is most likely bare and sometimes green.

Tags
280, bed, power, roo, sunseeker