Old 03-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #1

Unhappy BRAND New Sunseeker 2800QS No power in Bedroom

Hi all,

We are new owners of a Sunseeker 2800QS. This is my first post!

Noticed no power in the storage at the back underneath, and also no power in the bedroom? Check and re-flipped all breakers. Open and closed slides in back and still no power. Flicked the GFI button in the bathroom, without any effect. The USB outlets in the bedroom have power?

So what should I be looking for?

Wanting to go camping next Tuesday with the grandkids so any help would be appreciated. Plan to drop by dealer on the way to camping but they are 1 1/2 hours away. Like to find a fix before I have to do that.

canuckrdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #2

USB is probably running on 12v. Your outlets however are 120v. Turning breakers off then on would of been my first attempt to fix also. First identify all outlets affected. Start at the breaker with a tester. Make sure breaker is not bad. Meaning are you getting power at he breaker that feeds outlets. Many here have had a bad breaker. And work forward.
Welcome to the GTS family.

sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #3

Ok so Electricity isn't my friend! Scares the crap out of me!

Thank you for your suggestion but I would want someone else to test the breaker if you know what I mean

Is there a chance a wire is loose underneath and could I see it?
Old 03-25-2016, 06:56 PM   #4

Anything is possible but you must be methodical in searching. Ensuring power at breaker has to be first. And there is always possibility it's more than one thing but think positive
Old 03-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #5

OK so I am going to have a friend check it for me. I have determined that 3 outlets don't have power. The outlets beside the bed and next to the USB outlets I mentioned earlier and also the outlet inside the rear storage compartment.

When you say power at the breaker, I assume you mean the GFI circuit breaker which I have turned off and on. When off the outlet in the bathroom doesn't work. On makes the bathroom GFI outlet work so is it OK to assume the breaker has good power with that test?

Another assumption is that the GFI circuit breaker is supplying power to all 110V outlets. Correct?
Old 03-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #6

First, congratulations... Second, I'm jealous...our GTS was just ordered Friday so I have a two month plus wait!

Have you checked all the individual breakers in the power center? You have to open the cover to access the individual breakers. If they are all good it sounds like a dealer visit may be needed...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #7

Yes I checked the breakers. I think you are right. The next visit probably has to be the Dealer.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #8

BRAND New Sunseeker 2800QS No power in Bedroom

Are you talking about 120 volt power or 12 volt power as in lights? Post is unclear. If it is lights they are 12 VDC on a automotive style fuse next to the 120 volt breakers. Check for a blown fuse and replace with same type, color and amp rating.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #9

120V power. I did check a couple 15Amp fuse as well but I'm pretty sure it is a 120V issue.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2016, 09:15 PM   #10

Ok are you sure the breaker that controls bathroom outlet is the same circuit as the outlets in rear that are out? If that's the case then you have power from breaker. Problem will be at gfi to next outlet in circuit. Could be a bad gfi outlet they also go bad all the time

Tags
280, bed, power, roo, sunseeker