Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #21

My 2014 and out of warranty has developed the slide crack. Just watching it for now. Had gone down to molding but no further. Following the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:14 PM   #22
Love My Sunseeker

Hello Garrette: Forest River says the crack is "cosmetic" and not structural, but since so many of us had it, they very nicely paid for a repair, and they paid for mine last January even though I was out of warranty period. And I'm not sure who covered this repair whether it was the body shop or Forest River, but I'll let the body shop worry about that, I didn't have to pay.

Garrette, for now I would caulk the crack. Just stuff it with caulk. That is what Canopy COuntry did last March after it re-cracked, and it held through the summer.

Ok, I have my RV back. They did a good job.

However, when I got the RV back, my coach battery was completely dead! How I found this out was I tried to put the stabilzers down so I could run the slide out before I left Chehalis Collision and guess what, the stabilizers wouldn't go down. I remembered reading another thread on here that says if your coach batteryt is dead, stabilzers won't work. The body shop rep was clueless as to why my coach battery would be dead. I asked if they ran my lights a lot, was told "no." The only thing I can think of is..... I had a small USB adaptor plugged into the 12 volt outlet under the dining set, there is a small light on that adaptor. I didn't think that little thing would draw that much power! I just let the engine run awhile, then I ran the stabilizers. However, the slides were very SLOW going out. I had to run the engine again just to get enough power to pull the slides back in and run the stabilizers back up!

Second issue, my "check engine" light was on. I had the engine serviced (I'm at 22,000 miles) before I brought it to the body shop. I'm guessing the Ford dealer forgot to reset something.

Third issue, my MagnaDyne is now all screwed up. The GPS worked, but the radio had no sound. The body shop rep thinks that the dead coach battery is related to why the radio is now all messed up and I have to reset something.

All I know is all of this stuff was working before I came in to the body shop! Well, I'll address these three issues in another part of the forum. But bottom line is, the crack if RE-FIXED!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #23

Well, glad you got your SunSeeker back, but you know the old saw: fix one thing and four more issues pop up. It's almost like playing "Wack-a-Mole". Good luck getting back on the road.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #24
Love My Sunseeker

For others needing the repair..... it appears from my TWO episodes with this, that.... if you can schedule it far enough ahead of time to ask for "dedicated resources" (again, this is MY interpretation of what I THINK they said.....) it will take maybe a little over a week. But if you take your RV in NOW, they will have to "work it in" and it may take three weeks.

In case someone wants to call and find out what was done, I had this done at Chehalis Collision in Chehalis, WA (they do cars AND RV's...) 360-996-4263, ask for Mike.

Or, PM me with an email address and I can email you correspondence between me and FR as to what they suggested for a repair. But only if you have a Sunseeker 3170, not sure what to do on other models.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote