Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #1

Buzzing noise from dash - please help!

I have an annoying buzzing noise that is coming from behind the gauges somewhere I think. It only starts up at speeds above 80 kph (45 mph). I sometimes goes away of I let off throttle or let off and just apply very gently. It will very occasionally go away altogether.

I have scoured the internet and cannot find anything! If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. I have upload the sound onto youtube. My motorhome is a 2010 Sunseeker 2860CD on a 2009 Ford E-450 chassis.

Turn up the volume and listen for the buzzing noise above the road/engine noise here: https://youtu.be/UM5P_dHzza8

The video is just sound and static photo of my dash while I was stopped at a light. It has nothing to do with the left turn signal.
Jetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #2

no sure why you would repost the same thing twice pretty sure is someone had input they would have posted something in the other thread.. In the future just bump your post.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
no sure why you would repost the same thing twice pretty sure is someone had input they would have posted something in the other thread.. In the future just bump your post.
I just wanted to ad the link to the video and was unable to edit previous post. Thanks for your wonderful insight. Hope you can provide the same awesome help to others. You are so valuable to this forum.
Jetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

Jetter, I have a 2013 2860DS on a E450 and have had the same buzzing through the years. Tried my darnest to logically determine where it's coming from, but not successful. Problem is identical to yours.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #5

2014 3010ds. Same issue still unresolved. Taking it in to Ford for service. The dealership has a fleet guy that's seen about everything. Keep you posted.
mve6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #6

On my 2013/2014 E450, Sunseeker I had a buzzing noise under acceleration. Found the muffler heat shield had broken loose on a corner. I had originally thought spark knock but went to 89 octane and the buzz was still there.
We welded the corner and that fixed the problem.
Had another sort of buzz/hum that started this year. Could not find it. As a part of our long trip plans, had the serpentine replaced at 22k miles, and the noise went away. So, something to consider. Hope it helps.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, sunseeker