Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Wanderluster

Cab Area Curtain Velcro Buttons

Can anyone point me to a source for the hard plastic velcro type buttons that the cab area curtain is held up by? These buttons have a screw hole in the middle.

To get my curtain to fit tightly, I need 4 of the little disks.

Brian & Margie
www.rv-camping.org
OffPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

A picture of what you want would help.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffPavement View Post
Can anyone point me to a source for the hard plastic velcro type buttons that the cab area curtain is held up by? These buttons have a screw hole in the middle.

To get my curtain to fit tightly, I need 4 of the little disks.
I don't need a picture...I know exactly what you need. PM me your address, I'll see what I can do. Tan or black?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #4

Yeah I have the same problem not enough buttons of Velcro. I have it just tucked for now.
Absnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Wanderluster

I should have responded... I got a PM from a couple folks at FR about the buttons and they have been ordered and I'm awaiting delivery.

Brian & Margie
www.rv-camping.org
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to judy3972
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffPavement View Post
I should have responded... I got a PM from a couple folks at FR about the buttons and they have been ordered and I'm awaiting delivery.
Can you share the information?

Phoenix, Az.
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Wanderluster

I got the OK to share so...

Cathy at 574-206-7617. I understand she is in FR's parts department.

Brian & Margie
www.rv-camping.org
Old 06-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #8

I too dont have enough buttons! they only gave me four!
Sparkbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:52 AM   #9

We "solved" the problem in a different way. We bought a vinyl cover for the outside of the windshield and side windows. It takes only a couple of minutes to put on. That leaves the whole cab area accessible and makes the interior more spacious while still giving privacy. Also helps repel the heat of the sun.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3
We "solved" the problem in a different way. We bought a vinyl cover for the outside of the windshield and side windows. It takes only a couple of minutes to put on. That leaves the whole cab area accessible and makes the interior more spacious while still giving privacy. Also helps repel the heat of the sun.
This is what I did also! I like having the front accessible for the radio and extra storage. Plus with kids they have 18 different things they charge from the 12 volt ports. I bought 2 soft clamps to use on the velcro that goes under the mirrors, it helps hold it pretty tight without stressing the velcro. If it is an extremely hot day we will hang the curtain just to help the AC out.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #11

I eliminated the stick-on cover and installed a cloth shower curtain instead. I attached the curtain to the overhead track using the slides that originally held the small curtains that were intended to provide privacy for the cab-over bunk area. When privacy in the coach is desired, we simply pull the shower curtain across the cab opening. Otherwise, the curtain is pulled back and stored out of the way on the driver’s side to provide access to the cab. The most demanding part of this mod was finding a shower curtain that was opaque to lighted objects in the coach.

Since only my wife and I use the motorhome and we use the cab-over area only for storage, this setup works great for us. We were previously attaching and detaching the original stick-on cover on a daily basis. This shower curtain mod provides an easy way to obtain privacy without messing with sagging covers and those sometimes pesky Velcro fasteners.
Al Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #12

We use the outside cover and love it along with the internal Velcro. I like the idea of the full curtain.
Absnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Fresco
I eliminated the stick-on cover and installed a cloth shower curtain instead. I attached the curtain to the overhead track using the slides that originally held the small curtains that were intended to provide privacy for the cab-over bunk area. When privacy in the coach is desired, we simply pull the shower curtain across the cab opening. Otherwise, the curtain is pulled back and stored out of the way on the driver’s side to provide access to the cab. The most demanding part of this mod was finding a shower curtain that was opaque to lighted objects in the coach.

Since only my wife and I use the motorhome and we use the cab-over area only for storage, this setup works great for us. We were previously attaching and detaching the original stick-on cover on a daily basis. This shower curtain mod provides an easy way to obtain privacy without messing with sagging covers and those sometimes pesky Velcro fasteners.
I copied this mod in my brand new to me Sunseeker and love it! Figure we can also close the cab area off while driving during high temps and just run the air in the cab (instead of cooling the whole unit). Thanks for the great tip
Cyn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #14

We love our vinyl outside cover..now if we could just get SOMEONE to tell us where to get industrial type foam to redo our dinette seats that would be great,our Sunseeker is only a year old,but the dinette seats look 10 yrs old,must have used the cheapest foam avaiable when they built this one!!
drsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #15

Velcro buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I don't need a picture...I know exactly what you need. PM me your address, I'll see what I can do. Tan or black?
Hello,

I searched for weeks for these Velcro screwed on buttons because sticky Velcro doesn't hold properly the shower curtain in my 2012 A124. Other than calling, is there anyway to purchase or receive some either through my local dealer or the mail? I can see these being useful for the life of the camper, so 20+ buttons would come in handy. My shower curtain only has 4 or 5 of these, so the curtain is not adequately held and always balloons inward sticking to our bodies when we shower due to the upward airflow through the ceiling fan. We have the Tan buttons.

We live in Canada, so it's never as simple as for folks in the States to get pretty much anything other than food and a 2x4! So much for free trade.

Cheers
P.S: we're mad for our A124 - wishing we had more than 5 weeks vacation a year!
WatchObs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #16

Welcome to the forums! Send a private message to bclemens and explain your need. He works for Forest River and has been very helpful to many people.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #17

Thank you RvBill3, just did.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #18

I really cannot understand why FR put 3 velcro buttons, while the curtan has velcro along the whole edge,
3 buttons is so not enough.....
Bayfield Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
Welcome to the forums! Send a private message to bclemens and explain your need. He works for Forest River and has been very helpful to many people.
^^see this post^^^

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #20

3 velcro buttons in a 13000$ camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayfield Bunch View Post
I really cannot understand why FR put 3 velcro buttons, while the curtan has velcro along the whole edge,
3 buttons is so not enough.....
So true, but then lots of other things in my 2012 A124 had me wondering why, Forest River, why! I can only guess they have an upper management like the company I work for that cares more for increased profits (and bonuses), regardless of customer satisfaction - seems to have become the norm in North American corporations. Have you checked how the panels are screwed and glued? Looks like someone was in a hurry - I've got plenty of stripped screw holes, crooked, missing, lose, glue and silicon all over the place - hope she lasts. The furnace circuit board died after 3 hours of heat (and it is still randomly failing with the new board), the 12V freezer wire wasn't fastened well and came apart (that took 300$+ of warranty repair, not smart), and other small stuff I forget. You simply cannot use the shower with the water filter they provide as the flow is too low causing the pump to surge continuously. I had to remove it. The hot water tank drain plug was of an odd size and virtually impossible to remove (it was very tight and delicate hardware in the way of your wrench). I ground the sides down to fit a good ratchet socket, case closed.

Another little improvement to the shower is to use powerful rare earth magnets that hold through the shower curtain onto glued metal plates on the sink cabinet, that way the curtain doesn't balloon onto your body when you shower, a rather unpleasant affair.

Still, I like her (the A124), can't wait to use her again - Canadian winters are so long.

Cheers