Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #11

KQ2N, update , I just came back from my motorhome. T V comes from the TV speakers only. Radio comes from all speakers all the time and the A B switch does not seem to do any thing. We must be doing something wrong.....

Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #12

DangerCliff - If you have the Magnadyne radio, and if you have a factory installed front TV, I believe they wire the TV (at least mine was) to the radio so the TV audio can be played through the radio. The radio has to be set to AV2.

I get front and rear speakers to work (any band or TV), but only when controlled by the radio. The A/B switch, as you state, doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe someone here can let us know what we're doing wrong.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
GM

I show how to o this...below.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #14

bclemens - I know how to do everything shown in the video and I get the surround sound speakers to work. What doesn't seem to work for me is the A/B/Both switch that is located on the outer side of the cabinet on the right side as one is entering the 2860 coach coming up the stairs. With the surround sound on (front and back speakers both working), I believe the A/B/Both switch should turn on or off the rear or front speakers, or have them both on. The switch doesn't seem to have any effect regardless what position I put it in.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
GM

That was more for DangerCliff who said they were only getting audio from the TV speakers.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ2N View Post
bclemens - I know how to do everything shown in the video and I get the surround sound speakers to work. What doesn't seem to work for me is the A/B/Both switch that is located on the outer side of the cabinet on the right side as one is entering the 2860 coach coming up the stairs. With the surround sound on (front and back speakers both working), I believe the A/B/Both switch should turn on or off the rear or front speakers, or have them both on. The switch doesn't seem to have any effect regardless what position I put it in.
Sort of.
A: should be dash speakers and (2) rear speakers. You still need a right/left for stereo. So depending on configuration (I drew a picture of this once..not sure where I posted it on here) it could be the most rear speakers...or in most cases the driver side speakers (passenger side rear speakers will be off).

B: dash speakers should be off and all the rear speakers (except for enter channel) should be on.

ALL: is self explanatory.

The easiest way...when on "B" do you hear sound out of the dash speakers?

I'm not 100% sure why we put the switch in there. The thought was if parents are in the front they could talk a little without hearing so much of the movie going on behind. But while driving, I think the speakers are loud enough it doesn't matter in such a small space.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #17

bclemens - On "B" I hear both the dash and rear speakers. On "A" I hear both dash and rear speakers, and of course on "Both" I hear both dash and rear speakers.

I can go to the magnadyne radio itself and select either dash, rear or any variation in between.

It looks like the A/B switch didn't get hooked up somewhere. I don't know if it would do any good to take the switch off the wall of the cabinet where it's installed. To do that, I assume I have to pull the switch knob straight off, then remove the nut? Not sure how much I'll see if I do that, or perhaps the problem is in the rear of the magndyne radio with the wires either not hooked up or hooked up wrong.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
GM

First I've heard of this happening. I'll see if the warranty guys have heard this one before.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #19

bclemens I did as you showed in the video and got the surround sound speakers working now on T V , thanks. Another question if you don't mind, my 2013 model 2860 has a Arctic package, has a switch for it on the control panel. What all does a Arctic package add to the motorhome.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not 100% sure why we put the switch in there. The thought was if parents are in the front they could talk a little without hearing so much of the movie going on behind. But while driving, I think the speakers are loud enough it doesn't matter in such a small space.
AMEN!!! Yes, you can hear the movie on the back speakers. But, it's so much better when just in the back. I say that having heard some of my kids movies what seems about a hundred times.