Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #1

Cab Dome Light Switch

Is there a way to turn on the inside cab dome light rather than opening the door? I could not find a switch.

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #2

I just bought a 2013 , 2860 on a Chevy and I think on mine its on the dash light dimmer swtich. Do you have a Chevy or Ford ??
DangerCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #3

I have a 2013 Sunseeker 2860 with the Ford V-10. On the Ford, the guage dimmer control is just to the left of the steering wheel, between the steering column and the headlight switch. Just turn up the guage dimmer control to maximum and the cab light will go on.

And to DangerCliff. I too have the 2860, not to hijack the thread, but what does your "A, B, Both" switch on the right as you enter the coach walking up the steps do? Mine has no effect on the radio or TV.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #4

KQ2N the A B seems to turn off the rear speakers when the T V is on.
And one for you ,Is it true what looks like a sewer drain hookup out side of the compartment just behind the rear wheels is the fresh water drain ?? Also does your living room slide not close as tightly at the top as at the bottom ? Mine on top is about 1 to 11/2 inches from from being closed.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #5

My speaker switch isn't working evidently... The drain behind the rear wheels is the gray water drain for the outside sink. Let me check the slide tomorrow when it's light outside.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #6

The AB switch controls sound from the speakers. In A sound comes from the front cab speakers (in the door panel on a Chevy) and the rear ceiling speakers. In the B position, sound comes from the speakers in the ceiling of the cab over bunk and the rear ceiling speakers. In A+B the sound comes from front cab and ceiling speakers (and rear ceiling speakers).
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Also, there is a setting on the radio (in the equalizer section) that lets you turn on the center speaker. This is typically only on in 5.1 surround.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #8

Danger Cliff - Both my living room and bedroom slides close quite tightly and uniformly top to bottom. About 3/8 inch on the bottom and 1/2 inch on top, so just 1/8 inch difference from bottom to top.

I just tried the A/B speaker switch again. Yes, on the radio screen I can switch between front, rear and even center speakers and variations in between, again all from the radio screen, but the A/B switch has no effect whatsoever regardless.

Does the A/B switch button pull off so I can take the plate off and see what's going on with the wiring in the switch? It's on warranty, so I don't want to break it, nor do I want to drive it 140 miles one way to the dealer to fix it.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #9

KQ2N I can't help you on the switch as my coach is not kept at my house. Thanks for your help on the slide out question. If you ever get out to Tucson Az area let me know. It would be fun to meet you and to compare coaches
Old 12-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #10

Thanks. The dash dimmer switch did it. I was looking for another switch. Thanks again!

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #11

KQ2N, update , I just came back from my motorhome. T V comes from the TV speakers only. Radio comes from all speakers all the time and the A B switch does not seem to do any thing. We must be doing something wrong.....
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #12

DangerCliff - If you have the Magnadyne radio, and if you have a factory installed front TV, I believe they wire the TV (at least mine was) to the radio so the TV audio can be played through the radio. The radio has to be set to AV2.

I get front and rear speakers to work (any band or TV), but only when controlled by the radio. The A/B switch, as you state, doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe someone here can let us know what we're doing wrong.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
Commercial Member

I show how to o this...below.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #14

bclemens - I know how to do everything shown in the video and I get the surround sound speakers to work. What doesn't seem to work for me is the A/B/Both switch that is located on the outer side of the cabinet on the right side as one is entering the 2860 coach coming up the stairs. With the surround sound on (front and back speakers both working), I believe the A/B/Both switch should turn on or off the rear or front speakers, or have them both on. The switch doesn't seem to have any effect regardless what position I put it in.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
Commercial Member

That was more for DangerCliff who said they were only getting audio from the TV speakers.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQ2N View Post
bclemens - I know how to do everything shown in the video and I get the surround sound speakers to work. What doesn't seem to work for me is the A/B/Both switch that is located on the outer side of the cabinet on the right side as one is entering the 2860 coach coming up the stairs. With the surround sound on (front and back speakers both working), I believe the A/B/Both switch should turn on or off the rear or front speakers, or have them both on. The switch doesn't seem to have any effect regardless what position I put it in.
Sort of.
A: should be dash speakers and (2) rear speakers. You still need a right/left for stereo. So depending on configuration (I drew a picture of this once..not sure where I posted it on here) it could be the most rear speakers...or in most cases the driver side speakers (passenger side rear speakers will be off).

B: dash speakers should be off and all the rear speakers (except for enter channel) should be on.

ALL: is self explanatory.

The easiest way...when on "B" do you hear sound out of the dash speakers?

I'm not 100% sure why we put the switch in there. The thought was if parents are in the front they could talk a little without hearing so much of the movie going on behind. But while driving, I think the speakers are loud enough it doesn't matter in such a small space.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #17

bclemens - On "B" I hear both the dash and rear speakers. On "A" I hear both dash and rear speakers, and of course on "Both" I hear both dash and rear speakers.

I can go to the magnadyne radio itself and select either dash, rear or any variation in between.

It looks like the A/B switch didn't get hooked up somewhere. I don't know if it would do any good to take the switch off the wall of the cabinet where it's installed. To do that, I assume I have to pull the switch knob straight off, then remove the nut? Not sure how much I'll see if I do that, or perhaps the problem is in the rear of the magndyne radio with the wires either not hooked up or hooked up wrong.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
Commercial Member

First I've heard of this happening. I'll see if the warranty guys have heard this one before.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #19

bclemens I did as you showed in the video and got the surround sound speakers working now on T V , thanks. Another question if you don't mind, my 2013 model 2860 has a Arctic package, has a switch for it on the control panel. What all does a Arctic package add to the motorhome.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm not 100% sure why we put the switch in there. The thought was if parents are in the front they could talk a little without hearing so much of the movie going on behind. But while driving, I think the speakers are loud enough it doesn't matter in such a small space.
AMEN!!! Yes, you can hear the movie on the back speakers. But, it's so much better when just in the back. I say that having heard some of my kids movies what seems about a hundred times.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote