Old 05-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
cab over bunk

I have a used 2005 sunseeker and I'm wondering about how much weight you can sleep in the cab over bunk. I'm hoping 2 good sized adults and I'm going to purchase a ladder. My cabover has the cushion that folds back so does anyone know which type ladder and how long it should be 60 in or 66in.

Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Not really sure, just wanted to say welcome to the forum!!!

2007 Rockwood 8317ss Reese Dual cam sway, 2002 Ford Excursion XLT V10,Prodigy Brake controller
Married DW 03/15/97 3 kids
Rockinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Welcome to FRF and I am not sure but seems like I read 125 lbs somewhere on the bunk limit.

I am no expert and may be wrong.

MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Thanks for the information. It's nice to have a place to go when you have questions. We had an older class A (1984) Winnebago, we put cushions on the floor and nobody could move once we all went to bed. We hauled a tent for the over flow if weather permitted It's always a little scary when you spend this kind of money and know you better like what you get because it's yours now. I've noticed a lot of people have butterflies in the beginning. I love spending time with the kids and grandkids and camping is the best way.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
We had bunks in our previous TT. The bunks had a max capacity of 150 lbs. We bought our ladder in Campers World and had to cut it down to the length we needed. The brackets to hold the ladder were screwed right into the wood work and were hardly noticable when the ladder was not attcahed. Hope this helps!
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
I want to say thanks, I just got my camper last weekend and thur this site I learned about the recall on the frig, naturally mine is on the list. My camper was a rental and we didn't know that until we got it home and found some insurance papers in it. We went to get new tires put on it and found out it came from up north and the brakes were all rusted up it cost a fortune to fix. Now my husband has to take it back for more service, I know the work will be free but it's still a hassle. I love the way it looks and the way it's set up I just hope we don't get any more surprises.

sunseeker le