Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #1

Cable tv... always static-y?

My antenna booster is off. Anyone have ideas if the cable TV is always static-y, or is that just a "feature" of most campgrounds? Haha..
jjlavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #2

Jjlavin, I had to remove the cable cover, as the cable feed was loose at the receptacle. Both cable connections were loose, living and bedroom. Hope it is of help.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #3

Campgrounds we go to have clear cable but not always....... One we go to has nearly 900 sites & the cable is run only a few inches underground (sandy soil) so it is always being cut by campers driving "stuff" into the ground.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #4

The cable cover...where? On the exterior of the rv?
Old 01-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #5

No inside right where the cable goes from the TV to the wall that cover. Should have 2 screws in it. Sorry my instructions were bad!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #6

I would think that if it is campground specific, then that answers that. Also, the foil shielding inside the black plastic outer cover, needs to contact properly with the cable end to allow the signal to transmit. Take a look at these pics to see what I mean by that. Notice themetal mesh outer sheath position as well. How to install coax cable end connector fittings
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #7

I'm an idiot. There are 2 boosters... one at the wall and one for the antenna. I was only doing the antenna. But I wouldn't have even looked if you suggested to remove the wall plate. All is good! Thanks all
Old 01-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Do you have clear TV with the antenna? If you do turn off the booster to recheck if the signal drop off. My first trip out with my new rig I had fuzzy cable till I figured what position the booster switch needed to be.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #9

Fuzzy Cable

I had somewhat the same problem. Good picture with antenna or DVD, fuzzy when on cable while others had clear picture. Booster on/off, no difference. Except if you pulled on upper right hand corner of TV, then clear picture. Dealer has supposedly fixed, but RV has been in storage ever since so acid test will be when we camp again and have cable hookup. By the way, anyone know how to get flat screen off the wall in Georgetown 335DS? I assume it was just a loose connection but wasn't going to mess with it as long as it was under warranty.
DAB2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlavin View Post
I'm an idiot. There are 2 boosters... one at the wall and one for the antenna. I was only doing the antenna. But I wouldn't have even looked if you suggested to remove the wall plate. All is good! Thanks all
What do you mean when you say there are two different boosters?
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #11

There is a signal? booster switch at the literal antenna. Then at the wall cover, I have another switch to boost the line? Not site what reach do independently, but I turned them both off and I get clean cable
Old 01-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #12

I hate autocorrect. Last sentence should read "not sure what each..."
Old 01-05-2015, 08:42 AM   #13

Where exactly are the boosters on a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS?
Hodie Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #14
Love My Sunseeker

I want to add to this, that if you have the JACK antenna, you have a different setup. You don't have that "wall booster" that you have with the batwing.

I'm slowly getting used to the JACK, but don't know if it's any better than the batwing. The advantage to the JACK is you don't have to raise it and lower it.

Also, if the campground is getting digital pushed down to analog, you will have static. Some campgrounds are under that system. BUT..... if your campground is a hostage to COMCAST, well, COMCAST is putting the screws to campgrounds by requiring converter boxes. You need one box per TV, but if you are hooked up to a switchbox, then you can put ONE converter box behind the switchbox, but all of your TV's have to be watching the same thing. (Well, you can still have one TV on cable, and one TV watching a DVD..... or one on cable and one on "over the air" but if you have cable, chances are, there aren't any "over the air" channels available.....)

Some campgrounds will charge you a refundable deposit for these boxes, and some will go on "honor" system, but if you don't return the converter box your credit card will be charged a huge amount, like $200 or so (and those boxes don't really cost that much....)

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
What do you mean when you say there are two different boosters?
There is actually only one booster ( amplifier) it is mounted in the antenna. The switch on the wall plate with the cable connection turns power on and off for the antenna mounted booster.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Yes, the Jack will still have a booster with the wall plate. The little dial on the Jack with blue lights is the Attenuator.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #17

Still don't know where to look for the booster for the antenna on a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS.
Hodie Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #18
Commercial Member

If you have a switch box there may not be a booster. It was built into the box.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #19
Love My Sunseeker

Yeah, FlyBob is right, I forgot to say that. It's just different from having the "wall booster." But with the JACK, those little blue lights are so bright you have to put tape over them or you won't get any sleep, even when you are in the back and the JACK is in the front. Depending on signal strength, you can turn the blue lights off and still get reception.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #20
Love My Sunseeker

Follow the main cable from the front TV to where it goes into the wall. The booster will be a little black button on the wall plate. Unless you are on a switchbox like BClemens says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodie Ho View Post
Still don't know where to look for the booster for the antenna on a 2014 Sunseeker 3010DS.