Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #1

Can anyone tell me where this part goes?

Please refer to the picture attached. I believe it goes on the side of the Schwintek slide awning but not sure how it supposed to be rotated or how it is attached. Is the rubber stopper supposed to face inward to stop the slide on the way in or outward to avoid hitting anything? Or perhaps it is something else entirely? Any help would be greatly appreciated and a picture might even be better .

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	416.1 KB
ID:	79059  
newseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #2

Look on other end of slide one on both ends of slide topper they stick up when slide is in the end position

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #3

In position not the other word

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #4

I definitely do not have one on either side at the moment. What do they do or prevent from happening?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #5

It stops your slide topper from unrolling while you are driving. Here is a screen shot of the manual to see how it attaches to your topper. There should be a screw that holds it in. You will notice at the bottom of the screen shot, there is another stopper that's mounted to the vertical wall of your trailer. If the slide tries to extend while driving it hits that stopper that's mounted on the side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433471194.439582.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	79060
lil2low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #6

Many thanks for the responses. The page from the manual is also great. Should be able to install it now that I understand how it works and what it should look like.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #7

I had the same issue and it was a leaking skylight. Hope this helps
tbrew100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by newseeker View Post
Many thanks for the responses. The page from the manual is also great. Should be able to install it now that I understand how it works and what it should look like.
I tried to use that on my new slide topper. Topper was too short the anti billowing woulf hit the edge of the slide. Caught it upon installation. Almost ripped the bracket off the slide. Evidently, I ordered a too short topper. I gave the Co. the length of the slide and the topper they sent barely covers the slide. Just be careful. That bracket has to clear the slide.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by newseeker View Post
Please refer to the picture attached. I believe it goes on the side of the Schwintek slide awning but not sure how it supposed to be rotated or how it is attached. Is the rubber stopper supposed to face inward to stop the slide on the way in or outward to avoid hitting anything? Or perhaps it is something else entirely? Any help would be greatly appreciated and a picture might even be better .

Thanks.

Had a similar problem on my 2012. Didn't fall off but were loose on both slides. For some reason the factory only installed one screw.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote