Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #21
DDC

Only tried that one time and it did not last the night.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #22
Commercial Member

How many batteries?

Remember this is a Sunseeker Motorhome sub thread. We have (2) house batteries. 2" thick laminated sidewalls, laminated, insulated floor and laminated insulated roof.

I have personally spent nights in a unit and the furnaces lasted the night no problem. Again, just be prudent in your other power usage. Going LED's would also help tremendously if you are not prudent.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
How many batteries?

Remember this is a Sunseeker Motorhome sub thread. We have (2) house batteries. 2" thick laminated sidewalls, laminated, insulated floor and laminated insulated roof.

I have personally spent nights in a unit and the furnaces lasted the night no problem. Again, just be prudent in your other power usage. Going LED's would also help tremendously if you are not prudent.

2 house batteries.

We will have driven it 2 - 3 hrs by when we stop so they should be fully charged. Outside temp will be upper 30's now. We will try furnace at 60. Will also be running furnace when driving so it's warmed up already when we turn off the key. And watch other battery drains closely. It will be pretty late and going straight to bed so just a couple lights for a little bit, some water for brushing teeth, a couple flushes. Oh and the fridge will be running overnight too.

Wish us luck. I'll report back so others know.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #24
Average Joe

You'll be fine..... And happy (-:

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #25

OP here with an update as I mentioned. Turned out to be a non issue. Thanks, nonetheless for the responses, perhaps they will help others. The low only ended up being around 45 to 50. We turned the furnace on 60 but it never kicked on. So no battery issues obviously. We started the night in just a light blanket. But then added a heavier blanket and turned up the furnace to 64 to get it to kick on at daybreak. So, a shout out to Brian (as he mentioned) about the good insulation since it held to 63 or so while it was about 15 degrees cooler outside.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #26

I was impressed with the insulation on ours!
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, battery