Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Newbie 5th Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 11
Can I buy direct from Forest River? - Sunseeker 2860DS

Can I buy direct from Forest River?

Any suggestions on how to make the ordering/purchase process any easier?

I am trying to buy a new Sunseeker 2860DS or a simular model. I really like the outdoor entertainment system on this model and of course the Ford Triton V10.

Anyone else have this model?
__________________

__________________
hpaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaden View Post
Can I buy direct from Forest River?

Any suggestions on how to make the ordering/purchase process any easier?

I am trying to buy a new Sunseeker 2860DS or a simular model. I really like the outdoor entertainment system on this model and of course the Ford Triton V10.

Anyone else have this model?
I believe this question has been asked before and the answer is no. Just as you cannot buy a new car direct from the factory, you have to go though a dealer.

I believe there was some discussion about picking up your unit at the factory after you ordered it though your dealer.

I'm going from memory here and I suggest you ask a FR dealer for the answer.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post

I believe this question has been asked before and the answer is no. Just as you cannot buy a new car direct from the factory, you have to go though a dealer.

I believe there was some discussion about picking up your unit at the factory after you ordered it though your dealer.

I'm going from memory here and I suggest you ask a FR dealer for the answer.
You would be correct B on all accounts.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
You would be correct B on all accounts.
Thanks - guess its still not all cobwebs up there
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Newbie 5th Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 11
I searched the forum before I posted I guess I missed that post or I didnt use the correct search terms and keywords.

I do like the idea of picking it up from the factory myself.

It would be nice if FR had a customer service number for new buyers questions... dont think that is an option either, which is why I am here.

Thank you for your responses.
__________________
hpaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
What questions did u have?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaden View Post
I searched the forum before I posted I guess I missed that post or I didnt use the correct search terms and keywords.

I do like the idea of picking it up from the factory myself.

It would be nice if FR had a customer service number for new buyers questions... dont think that is an option either, which is why I am here.

Thank you for your responses.
Go to the Search box on the top of the FR home page,type in "buying direct from factory", select FRF and go.

You will see several replies and information about buying from a RV wholesaler.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
Dave_Monica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpaden View Post
I do like the idea of picking it up from the factory myself.
I doubt that you can pick it up directly at the factory. Big dealers such as RV Direct do have compounds in/around Elkhart, IN where you can pick-up your new RV. Someone (the dealer) still has to do PDI, etc.

Dave
__________________


Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
Newbie 5th Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 11
None, of the dealers I have talked to seem to know or care about any other models unless they have it in inventory.

The Sunseeker 2860DS is the only Class C that I have been able to find that has an outdoor kitchen, which is a good feature for my needs. (More outside time,less heating up the inside and less trips back and forth.)

Do any of the other FR models have anything simular to that feature?

I cant seem to find any dealers especially in my area that have the Sunseeker 2860DS in stock

Other than the outdoor kitchen I dont see any major differences between the FR class C models.
__________________
hpaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
Commercial Member
 
huntr70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 435
We have 2 on the lot, and one on order.

One of our best selling models......
__________________

__________________
Steve and Vicki
2 kids
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD Outdoorsman
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.