Old 03-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon 2 View Post
Just checked with our dealer here in Kelowna and a 50 foot role of eterna bond tape 6 inches wide is $250.00.

Brandon2
2500 Sun Seeker2500TS
Brandon,

In my humble opinion, your RV dealer is taking advantage of you.
His prices are beyond ridiculous.

The internet is your friend.
Herk

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #22

Go to Amazon for the Eternabond. Big savings.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #23

Brandon 2

Try Home Hardware. They have the 4" x 50'- 97.00 Cdn and packages of shorter 4" x 5' 15.00 Cdn

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/cat/s...tt=Eterna+Bond

amazon would be good, too, but with Home Hardware you would not pay shipping.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:43 PM   #24

Herk, I just priced the 6" X 50' rolls on Amazon, and it was $83, free shipping, which is what I paid for it last August. Also, I wanted to ask you about the vent issue. You mentioned that the vents need changing after ten years or so. I assume you are referring to the plastics degrading from UV. Do you think a couple coats of white paint might allow for a longer life span?
Old 03-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #25
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidg View Post
Herk, I just priced the 6" X 50' rolls on Amazon, and it was $83, free shipping, which is what I paid for it last August. Also, I wanted to ask you about the vent issue. You mentioned that the vents need changing after ten years or so. I assume you are referring to the plastics degrading from UV. Do you think a couple coats of white paint might allow for a longer life span?
I think you are confusing me with txredfish.

I was just saying that carefully cutting away the EB from fittings or vents is not as big a deal as you might think.

Prime is awesome all right.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #26

Yep, I did. I guess trying to speed read with an old brain isn't a great idea. Sorry...��
Old 03-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #27
Senior New Member

Eternabond use

I used Eternabond tape to repair a tear along a 5 ft section of the roof edge and the seal was excellent. I recommend using the Eternabond cleaner and primer prior to application, and then be extra careful as you lay it down...once it sticks it's there !
Old 03-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #28

Check the Eternabond web site. At one time they had instructions on how to remove. They also have very good instructions on how to apply on their web site. Also, in this thread, there has been several good tips. Yes, my my vents were bad due to UV rays, and leaving it outside in the Texas heat. I don't know if white paint will help. There may be some paint that may help with the UV.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:49 AM   #29

Davidg, I'm with Lou (Herk) on the entire Eternabond application versus Dicor. I have a Forester so my roof is the same as your Sunseeker. I had numerous leaks at the front transition strip. The Dicor installed at the factory had bubbles that developed in the bead. I also found that parts of the Dicor were releasing from the fiberglass roof. I removed all the Dicor along that transition. I laid two overlapping 2" strips of Eternabond and then a 4" strip over that. Removing the Dicor wasn't too bad. I felt a lot better about the good seal of the Eternabond straight to the roof cap and the fiberglass roof. I also went around some of the edges of the Eternabond with a bead of Geocel. I find Geocel to work a lot better at sealing to the fiberglass.

I also used Eternabond around all my vent and skylight edges. Once I saw how easily the Dicor was coming up from the fiberglass I didn't trust it.

Bobby
Old 03-10-2016, 08:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilly View Post
Davidg, I'm with Lou (Herk) on the entire Eternabond application versus Dicor. I have a Forester so my roof is the same as your Sunseeker. Bobby
Bobby, sounds like you have done a great job re-sealing the roof of your rv. I'm sure it will give you years of leak free use. I do not have a Sunseeker.

Tags
eternabond, roo, roof