Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #1

carrry a motorcycle

I just purchased a small Honda CRF230M to carry on the back of our Sunseeker. It is light enough to go on a carrier in the hitch. I plan on just using it for short runs rather than take the motor home every time. Also thought it may help in sightseeing out west sometime.

Any thoughts pro or con, or good advise?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #2

Motorcycle

I carry my 1986 Honda Helix (CN250) using a steel carrier from Northern Tool with my Sunseeker 3100LTD. Took it to Branson, MO last July. No problems with the rig, only dragged a little bit once going into a campground due to driveway slope. On return trip altered approach to same driveway eliminated that problem.
Go for it!!!

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #3

I carry a Yamaha XT250 dual sport on some trips if not pulling a car or trailer. Bike only weights 280 lbs and an aluminum carrier I got from Harbor Freight works well. As mentioned above it does drag if the dip is big enough.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #4

I am contemplating either getting a scooter and use a carrier or towing a car. I am already at 39' so maybe the scooter would be easier. Is it difficult to get the bike onto the carrier?
Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbt803 View Post
I am contemplating either getting a scooter and use a carrier or towing a car. I am already at 39' so maybe the scooter would be easier. Is it difficult to get the bike onto the carrier?
Thanks
I didn't think any Sunseeker was 39 feet. The longest model now is 32 feet. It is not easy to get the bike up on the carrier by myself but with my wife helping balance it so I can tie it down it isn't bad. I have a dual receiver hitch adapter and can toe the car on a dolly and carry the bike so you could take both.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #6

I have a Berkshire. I will be looking into a dual hitch adapter. I like the idea of carrying both. Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #7

Just like Vasnipe, I have a sunseeker and usually bring one of my scooters when camping. I don't even notice the extra weight. Be careful of pulling in and out of gas stations on secondary roads, sometimes there is a slope and you can bottom out. One other thing, make sure your brake and signal lights are visible, I bought a set of magnetic lights to put on the back of the mcy carrier. Also installed a few reflectors to help w/ visability. I use a cable lock to secure the scooter to the hitch when traveling and always lock it up at night.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #8

Thanks so much for the info it is very helpful.