Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Chevy 4500 Remote

When we picked up our Sunseeker last October, we didn't receive a remote for operating the door locks. In the mayhem of dealing with paperwork and PDI, I guess we just didn't realize that it was missing. I just thought that one wasn't included with the 4500.

While perusing the owner's manual today I saw mention of a remote and that got me to thinking that I should have gotten one (or two!). Now that I think of it, it seems kind of weird not to have one.

Those of you who have the Chevy Chassis, did you get a remote?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
SS Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

It maybe was not an installed option? I am sure it is not standard once you get to that size chassis and as a cut away might just be the striped down version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
It maybe was not an installed option? I am sure it is not standard once you get to that size chassis and as a cut away might just be the striped down version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Thanks, that's what I was assuming, but just want to make sure. I may have to contact the dealer to see what they have to say, but thought I would tap into the collective knowledge of the forum first.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
Wait till next year...

According to the sunseeker literature on the Forest River site its not an option on the Chevy. See [url]http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochures/2016/2016sunseekerbrochure.pdf - Sorry
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
According to the sunseeker literature on the Forest River site its not an option on the Chevy. See [url]http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochures/2016/2016sunseekerbrochure.pdf - Sorry
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think to look at the brochure for that info. Not really a problem to be without keyless entry since we use the house door more often than the cab doors for entry and exit.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Cruiser View Post
When we picked up our Sunseeker last October, we didn't receive a remote for operating the door locks. In the mayhem of dealing with paperwork and PDI, I guess we just didn't realize that it was missing. I just thought that one wasn't included with the 4500.

While perusing the owner's manual today I saw mention of a remote and that got me to thinking that I should have gotten one (or two!). Now that I think of it, it seems kind of weird not to have one.

Those of you who have the Chevy Chassis, did you get a remote?
No fob came with my rig. I don't think it is available on that chassis.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:41 AM   #7

Just as Delco Bobby said, but may have been an added extra.

I did change how my cab door locks react in that when I turn off the ignition key the locks remain locked. Easy to do. I do not use the cab doors that much.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:45 AM   #8

Nope, no remote with mine, 2015 Forester
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:57 AM   #9

My Chevy did not come with the remote lock option, I had one added as an aftermarket kit.
But my new E450 3010DS did come with that from the factory.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #10

Chevy 4500's do not come with one.
Must be added as an option.
I had the dealer install a keyless entry and alarm for $240 with 2 remotes before I picked it up.

Should be an easy install with power locks.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #11

Thanks to all for the replies. As n-e-d pointed out, the info I was looking for is in the SS brochure, but I never thought to look there. I'm OK without remotes, just wanted to make sure I got what was coming to me (not always a good thing I suppose).

Tags