Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
GM

Congrats. That has been a hot floor plan as of late.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #12

We were undecided between the 3170 with the desk or the 2860. We finally decided we liked the separate shower the outside kitchen. Wait and see I guess.

Thanks for the advice at Denver in Jan

Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #13

Well folks after 11 weeks we are out the door in 90 minutes headed for Des Moines. The unit was actually ready 14 Dec but we had a problem with the boys truck. We are trading a Mobility Suites 5th wheel in on the 2860. The boys truck is still down for the count so we borrowed a friends.
Hope to be back in Colorado Sunday morn to watch the Colts and Ravens game. Been a Colts fan since the late 50's. Will let you know how the trip goes. Should take about 14hrs each way.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A Baltimore Colts fan, in Colorado ??? Have fun hope all goes well with new one.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #15

Well the trip was fun. The Demo was short and sweet since we knew most of the stuff anyway. The only question that was not answered was where is the slide monitor control that displays errors when you have a problem. I have seen them demo'd on YouTube but they were out in the open for display. Guess I will have to snoop around.
The trip back was about 7hrs and we got 10mpg on the average..but then again that was on Interstates...at 60mph. The trucks sure move you around when the pass. Can't wait to get it out and have some fun.

See ya all.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildkats66 View Post
Well the trip was fun. The Demo was short and sweet since we knew most of the stuff anyway. The only question that was not answered was where is the slide monitor control that displays errors when you have a problem. I have seen them demo'd on YouTube but they were out in the open for display. Guess I will have to snoop around.
The trip back was about 7hrs and we got 10mpg on the average..but then again that was on Interstates...at 60mph. The trucks sure move you around when the pass. Can't wait to get it out and have some fun.

See ya all.
this was actually brought up in the solera forum. in the solera it's under the
waiting for it- Fridge. in the solera there is a drawer under the fridge and its put in the wall in this drawer compartment. I have no idea why it's in such an odd place
Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
GM

Wildkats66, I am assuming you went with the 2860 Sunseeker and not a Solera correct? If so, then it may not have the slide monitor panel at all. That panel is ONLY on Schwintek "in wall" slides. Your front slide is for sure a floor mount Lippert slide, there is no monitor panel.

We have been converting most of the bedroom slides to the schwintek, but I can't remember if the 2860 got converted. On the outside of the slide you will see (2) silver tracks with teeth on BOTH sides of the exterior slide wall...that is a Schwintek slide and will have a monitor panel. The panel is typically mounted in the bed cavity.

Fact of the matter is, in a perfect work you should never really have to look at it....it's more like an OBD port for cars. It is really there for dealer support. We don't want to mount it on the dash next to the odometer.
Attached Images

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #18

Question

Both slides are the floor mount Lipperts. they seem work ok and seal like they should..no gaps.

So why the new type slides..less weight for the smaller slides??
Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
GM

Yes, less weight and you can build the slide room with tighter tolerances.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #20

My 2009 2860 has the ford chassis and we've put 40,000 miles on it without experiencing any problems with the chassis. Have always been a chevy person and I would have preferred the chevy but couldn't find one when I was looking.