Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #1

Child seats in 3170DS

Looking at a 2014 3170 and have some questions about installing child seats. We have 3 small kids that would need to ride in them. It looks as if the dinette has 2 seat belts?
Any options to install belts in the rear facing seat there or any other thoughts where the 3rd seat could go?

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #2

I've simply used the seat belts on either of the couches for the oldest kid. This meets all legal requirements and most car seats have rests. We have four kids and this was a good unit for us. Just watch your weight and maybe not go for the bigfoot system due to the weight.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #3

The rear facing dinette seat back has a cutout for the passenger seat to recline into. The back probably will not pass the pullout test.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.wiseman View Post
I've simply used the seat belts on either of the couches for the oldest kid. This meets all legal requirements and most car seats have rests. We have four kids and this was a good unit for us. Just watch your weight and maybe not go for the bigfoot system due to the weight.
I think I need to go check out these newer units to see what they are installing in them. It just baffles my mind to hear somebody say "just watch your weight" because of 3 small children.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper

I think I need to go check out these newer units to see what they are installing in them. It just baffles my mind to hear somebody say "just watch your weight" because of 3 small children.
Think he is refering to unit total weight which start with little CCC. Its the kids and accessories e
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post

Think he is refering to unit total weight which start with little CCC. Its the kids and accessories e
I figured that's what he is talking about but we haul 2 adults, 2 teenagers, a 150 pound Doberman, always full of water, and hundreds of pounds of other stuff and I'm still not over on my 06. The only reason we end up heavy is because of the tongue weight on the trailer. There has to be a reason, either heavier interiors or lighter springs and axles, that these newer units are so tight on weight.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #7

Can someone clarify regarding the tightness on weight? Are you saying once you fill up with gas and some water you are almost at Max Gross Weight?
Does pulling a car 4 down add as well?
Old 07-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #8

Pulling a carr 4 down doesn't impact the CCC as there is minimal weight on the tongue (different if you use a dolly). I think my 3170DS has about 2000 lbs CCC, but once you add a full tank of gas you're down to about 1650 (roughly)..