Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

Clicking Uneven Slideout

One of my 3 slideouts is clicking almost as if a gear is being stripped.
This happens when nearing the end of the slide movement either in or out.
I was told by the serviceman to not hold the power button when that sound occurs. Apparently it's normal for that make.
My question is why that slideout and do I have to worry? Also one side corner does not close tight. It is a centimeter protruding as if the rubber gasket is too thick there.
Zapoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #2

Ours on 36CKTS was doing same thing. While at Goshen this year LCI came out and places a shin between the slide out rod and tube to keep it from dropping away from gear drive. That fixed the noisy and the not closing and opening all the way.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #3

Does the slide out use the Schwintek style slide system? If so it could be as mentioned that the gears are not seating with in the track groove and starting to shave away the track a little at a time. It should not be popping.

As for the RV Tech telling you to hold in the button, he is correct in part. With the Schwintek design you hold the button in after it has fully closed or extended to set the gear count to neutral.

Here is link to some good videos from Forest river that offers some great information to various systems of their RVs, including LCI components.

Videos by Forest River RV

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #4

The clicking occurs on the 'Above the Floor Track' sofa slideout. There is also a lot of jiggling up and down as the slide moves. There are very few videos about this particular system and none about troubleshooting.
There is a video showing uneven closing because 2 motors are out of timing.
I am not sure if there is only 1 motor.
Zapoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out