Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #1

Co2 alarm issues.

We are experiencing an issue on the 2012 2250s model. We went camping for 4 days and had a great time no issues. Drove 5 hours home and parked in the drive way with all gas off since plugged into the house. Now the co2 alarm keeps going off. We soap suds all the propane fittings at the tank and in the stove but no leaks. Propane is completely closed. Any ideas on what is going on? I even threw out my grill lighter and made sure no other grill bottles are in the rv.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absnova
We are experiencing an issue on the 2012 2250s model. We went camping for 4 days and had a great time no issues. Drove 5 hours home and parked in the drive way with all gas off since plugged into the house. Now the co2 alarm keeps going off. We soap suds all the propane fittings at the tank and in the stove but no leaks. Propane is completely closed. Any ideas on what is going on? I even threw out my grill lighter and made sure no other grill bottles are in the rv.
Co2 may be bad or coach batteries are low.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #3

The switch for power was still on but it's plugged into the house maybe that did it?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #4

Our C02 detector was faulty! It kept going off all the time so I bought a really nice one with a digital read out. The digital readout only works if your generator is running or you are plugged into shore power but it does have a nine volt back up which enables it to still detect CO2. You just don't get the numbers showing what the level is. The nine volt battery usually lasts about 20 hours without power.

Also for anybody with the cheaper plastic smoke alarm looking CO2 detectors. Those styles keep accumulating every time it does detect carbon monoxide. For example, if you are camping one weekend and it detects 20 ppm it will store that. So next time you are out camping and you get another 20 ppm it will also store that and now the detector is at 40 ppm. It will keep doing that until it reaches a dangerous level and then it will be going off all the time and you will need to replace it.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #5

We had the same problem with ours so we disconnected it and put the one from the house in, it never went off. So we called dealer and they said we could bring the detector in and they would order replacement. While we were there one of the service technicians asked if the upholstery had been treated with a scotchguard type of treatment when we bought it, it had. So they suggested using RV, leaving windows open and try again. We have camped and had it open for more than a month now and the smell of the treatment isn't so strong, when we first go in after it has been closed up for a while, so I think we are going to try again soon.