Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #1

Coach 12 volt plug questions

This is for a 2013 Sunseeker 3100.

I am assuming the 12 volt cigarette lighter plugs in the cab are wired to the chassis battery.

Where are the COACH 12 volt cigarette lighter plugs wired to - the chassis battery or the two coach batteries? I have three of these plugs including the front TV, bedroom TV, and by the dinette. This is while the vehicle is turned off, not plugged into power, and the generator isn't running.

I'm asking because we are heading out on a long trip possibly with some Walmart overnights and may need to charge the kids devices overnight.

Would running the fantastic fan plus charging four iPads / iPhones overnight drain whatever batteries power these outlets?

Thanks!
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:52 PM   #2

I run the fantastic fan on low and charge the devices in the cab.
rbetzwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #3

The plug in the dash and inside the glove box come off the chassis battery while the others you mention plus the one in the external entertainment center come off the coach batteries. Although the small amount of energy you would need to charge the devices would not likely impact the chassis battery I would use the coach battery so you for sure can have enough power to start the engine in the morning. Once running the 120 amp engine alternator will recharge the chassis battery first as needed then recharge the coach batteries.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:33 PM   #4

Why not buy a portable inverter that plugs into a 12v outlet, and charge your kids stuff in flight after your back on the road. That way you won't be pulling to much from your bats. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt