Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #21

I tried Walmart. Their smallest was 7.5 amps. I'll try an auto parts shop. They should have it.
nights camped 2011: 42
nights camped 2012: 48
nights camped 2013: 40
janegraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegraves View Post
I am thinking it may be time to replace my coach batteries on a 2012 sunseeker 2300. I have been using it for approximately 4 long road trips a year and 4 to 5 weekend trips a year since April 2011. 3 times the batteries have gone too low to run anything while I have been on the road. All 3 times something has been left turned on by accident. They drain too low to start the generator leaving me powerless until I can plug in somewhere. What is a good replacement brand/type for my typical usage...
Don't think replacing the batteries will fix your problem with leaving things on by accident.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by janegraves View Post
I found the fuse panel and there was only one fuse in it. The one for the awning. Where can I find the correct fuse for the alternator charging fuse in F1? Do I need any other fuses in the panel? I do have the arctic pack and I saw in the diagram there is a fuse for it. What amp fuse is required for that if I need it?
The Arctic Pack fuse for our 3100 is in the power distribution panel with the 120 volt breakers, even though the printed circuit board at the step has a slot marked for the Arctic Pack.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #24

Replaced the fuse. Batteries charged but only held charge a few hours. Broke down and bought new batteries. Bought Optima 27 AGM Blue top. Did some research and found these were highly rated for RV use. Also good for cold weather. I think my battery problems started last December when I was in NH and it was below zero for most of my stay. The Optimas were expensive but Pep Boys had a 25% off special if ordered online. I just picked them up today and installed them. I'm hoping my electrical problems are resolved now. Time will tell.
nights camped 2011: 42
nights camped 2012: 48
nights camped 2013: 40
janegraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #25

That little 5 amp fuse or lack there of caused me and the dealer all kinds of headaches when I first got my 3120. but all's well that ends well..
zook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, replacement