Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #21

For me painted is the way to go. It looks awesome and stays that way with a little care. I also have a white Toyhauler and you can wax and keep the gel coat looking and feeling like new. The problem is with the decals which don't hold up in the weather. There are products which can protect the decals to some extent. Some of the decals had bubbled and shrunk after 3 years even though most of the time the unit was covered. Replaced the degraded decals. Stored inside now next to the painted Sunseeker so I don't expect anymore issues.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #22

I'm catching up on some older post - so here it's my take.
When we were shopping for our unit all the dealer had was painted; both partial and full body. All my previous RV's were just white with decals.
I didn't want full body paint at first because I had this fear of scratches and the dark paint color would show the white underlayment when scratched.
Since owning my unit for a while I am glad I have the full body paint, especially since my unit had to have the side wall cut open to repair a weld. An all white unit would have to be painted white to cover the patch, so you would see the fiberglass base white and then the painted white.
That doesn't help Brian and his question. I've seen a lot of tinted fiberglass coaches. The cocoa or caramel color the most. Problem is they all starting looking the same. The paint option - well, gives more options.
I like it too that the paint is a better UV stabilizer on the plastic stuff around the coach. Just don't lose or break your outside grill for the refrigerator. Getting paint to match is a trick.

I agree too with ATVer that the painted is easier to maintain.

I don't find my painted coach gets any hotter than my all white TT I've had. I guess because the roof is all white. Awning and slide toppers help too.

I vote for keep it white with paint options.

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #23

I like the idea of colored glass since full paint is so expensive...but I've experienced southern heat through colored glass and would be inclined to still opt for the white though a very light tan wouldn't be bad as long as the white glass roof was kept.

If you want to give more choice...one thing I'd suggest is design a few DIFFERENT stickies for each coach. Right now...you have one choice in different color stickies.
I'll bet a graphic artist could come up with 3 interesting graphics in pretty short order. (I'm in line for the big paisley ones)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote