Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #1

Comfort of rear bed

This question may have been asked and answered somewhere but I can't find anything on it. Has anyone come up with a comfortable way to read in bed? We have a 3170 and with the window directly behind the head of the bed, there is no way to sit comfortably and read.

Not to mention the glaring "reading" lights! I have ordered new bulbs for all of the lights near beds and hopefully that will solve the burning of our eyeballs!
ofranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #2

LEVO Book Stand. What about this thing?
halibut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #3

When we were looking at used units (prior to going the new route), we saw one where the owner had installed a headboard for the exact reason you're asking about.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Love My Sunseeker

Buy a pillow rest. They look like this: Greendale Home Fashions Bed Rest Pillow - Omaha - Buff - Furniture & Mattresses - Mattresses - Pillows

Worked for me, and my cat loved it, he could get on top of the back part and look out the window.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #5

Although this stand does look cool, I was really talking about how to sit in bed and read or watch TV. Our backs are right against the blinds for the window.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #6

Thanks Paulmlac....I don't think the spacing is right to pull that one off. We've only camped in the new 3170 twice so far but we did rent one for 2 weeks last March and it was one of the things we found uncomfortable.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #7

DXSMac,
I have thought of this option. A drawback is that they're pretty big and even putting them someplace during the night is a problem. And extra weight....which we can ill afford! Our daughter has one of these and maybe I'll borrow it for our trip next week and see how that goes. Thanks for response!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Maybe a cushion that goes all the way across the window like a headboard. Only needs to be 2-3" thick. Bring the blind down to the top of the cushion.lean your pillows up against that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #9

Thanks Brian,
I've been thinking something along those same lines. Like a bolster or something....I'll go out and look at it again and see what I come up with. The cushion 'headboard' sounds like it may be a plan. I think I'll "prototype" something for our trip next week and see how it goes.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #10

I pull one of the dinette back cushions off and use that. It spans almost the entire length of bed so wife and I both benefit. At bedtime I slide it beside the bed then put it back in the AM for breakfast. Not an option if you're using the dinette as a bed.
jrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
Love My Sunseeker

Got another idea. When I traded RV's, I had four vent pillows from my last RV. Current RV only has THREE vents. So, I have an extra vent pillow. I use the vent pillow as my "TV watching" pillow.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote