Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
tvj

Convenience Center hot water

So the convenience center in the Forest River sunseeker has to water heater options gas or electric you can run them both together over ride each other and work properly or just one or the other. I recommend the electric when you're hooked up to electric. One has to look really hard in the instructions to find out how they work. See my post on the bypass valves buried under the sink behind a screwed on panel.Click image for larger version

Name:	1552229849595.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	198436

tvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #2

yes you can run them both at the same time or independently .

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvj View Post
So the convenience center in the Forest River sunseeker has to water heater options gas or electric you can run them both together over ride each other and work properly or just one or the other. I recommend the electric when you're hooked up to electric. One has to look really hard in the instructions to find out how they work. See my post on the bypass valves buried under the sink behind a screwed on panel.Attachment 198436

Looking at that panel, your RV could have either an Atwood brand water heater or a Suburban SWDEL water heater.

If you have the Suburban brand SWDEL water heater, this thread we keep in the FAQ subsection will explain it all:

Suburban's electric switch and much more

Did you know, according to Google: Pepsi was once the 6th largest military in the world?
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #4

OK, now Iím thoroughly confused. What is the benefit of running them both at the same time?
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdindy View Post
OK, now Iím thoroughly confused. What is the benefit of running them both at the same time?
Faster recovery time. That way if you take a longer shower or have others in line behind you, the water can be heated back quicker using both modes of heating at the same time.

Did you know, according to Google: Pepsi was once the 6th largest military in the world?
Old 03-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Water heats up faster with both running.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:29 PM   #7

I have a Sunseeker 3050 S it has both options as well. Can I literally just flip either switch or both? Iím confused if thereís anything I need to do directly at the water heater
ksdindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
I have a Sunseeker 3050 S it has both options as well. Can I literally just flip either switch or both? Iím confused if thereís anything I need to do directly at the water heater
Read the link above in post #3. It thoroughly explains the operation of...as far as a Suburban brand goes.

Tags
hot water, water