Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2019, 10:45 AM   #1

Covert cab over entertainment center to queen bed

I’d like to remove the entertainment center and single bed and just put a larger queen bed in its place. I have a 2004 Sunseeker 2860DS. Do you think the structural support is the same in the models with the entertainment center as it is in the model with just a queen bed? I’ve emailed Forest River but have not gotten a response. Thanks
Poolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #2

Look up the floor plan info for your model. In mine, the overhead can be one of three things:

One of those being a 60x80 bunk. If your's offers a bunk option, then you can replace the entertainment center with a bunk.

I've heard of some where the overhead was never intended to support the weight, so didn't have the structure necessary to support 300-400 lbs that would be necessary for a bunk.

I removed my 32" TV & tiny bunks:

and installed a single mattress. This image shows the overhead after the removal & repair work in the overhead:

I'm planning on building up the TV & cabinet on the passenger side:

which is why the cable run is terminated halfway back, and the bottom trim is not complete.
But that's a future project. We rarely watch TV in the MH; we used to watch a movie on some evenings, but it's been years since doing that. Back then, the MacBook worked perfect for our movie viewing experience.

More Sunseeker modification pics, including the rework on the overhead area on my photo hosting site.

Tags
bed, cover, entertainment, saunseeker, sunseeker