Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1

Dash Display on Ford Chassis

The Ford Handbook provided with our 2690SF describes a 'message center' feature. It states that this may or may not be installed but implies that if the odometer displays "Trip A" and Trip "B" (which ours does) then the message center is in. If it is, "Oil Change Due" and more importantly "Low Fuel" should function, but don't.
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #2

I have this same question for our unit (Forester 3171). I read the same in the manual but no message information beyong odometer and the two trip odometers.
I did find when the key is turned to acc and you scroll through the message center it will show auto lock and auto unlock which I changed both to on but it did not change anything including the operation of the power locks. Is the message center disbabled once they are "customized" to an RV?
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #3

For a 2013 Sunseeker 3100...

I have the auto lock 'on' & the cab doors do automatically lock at a low speed when first pulling away (maybe around 5 MPH).

I have the auto unlock 'off' & have never tested that.

There is a low fuel light (orange; I believe in the top left area of the panel) when you get to approximately an 1/8 of a tank. You could probably turn your key to acc & see that the light is there during the initial flash of lights.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
There is a low fuel light (orange; I believe in the top left area of the panel) when you get to approximately an 1/8 of a tank. You could probably turn your key to acc & see that the light is there during the initial flash of lights.
I saw that but the Ford manual states the message center gives more detail.
It seems some of the features of message center are disabled(?) or just not equiped on the cut-away chassis models. Problem with that is the manual doesn't distinguish features or message information based on cab or model styles. It appears it is a standard feature.

Bobby
Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #5

Wonder if Ford could reactivate it... On my 2008 F-350 they programmed additional items into the display and daytime running lights...
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
Wonder if Ford could reactivate it...
I might have to ask this on the Ford forum - if the features are turned on/off through a programmer.