Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #1

Unhappy Direct tv 3010ds

I tried connecting my sat dish through the mh cable outlet at rear of unit. I connected my wire from receiver to the wall jack that has the switch for the outside antenna I never could get any signal to receiver. My dealer told me to hook it up this way. The only way i was able to make it work was to run the cable from the dish thru front window directly to sat reciever

I prefer to use the mh internal wiring. Anyone have any suggestions?
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

Do you have a small coaxial jumper cable attached just above your antenna booster plate?
mve6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #3

If so, the top coaxial connector on that plate receives the signal from the external coach connection by the city water hook up. Next move the cable attached to the antenna amplifier to the lower coaxial connector. This will require the removal of the small jumper cable. This worked for me because my 2014 3010ds came with only 1 TV. Rigged it for a second one. More on that by request.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #4

Sorry misspoke. Move cable from antenna amplifier and screw it into the top connection
Old 06-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mve6464 View Post
Sorry misspoke. Move cable from antenna amplifier and screw it into the top connection
Exactly, it should be the top one. It is on mine as well.

Connect Sat. to the outside jack then remove the short jumper from the top connection inside the RV and plug your receiver into that.

Should work.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mve6464 View Post
Do you have a small coaxial jumper cable attached just above your antenna booster plate?
Yes i do
Old 06-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #7

I will try that. Is that jumper feeding antenna signal to my other two tv. Have one outside and one in bedroom as i want to feed the output from sat to those tv also. I do realize the receiver will send same programming to all tvs
Thanks
Old 06-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #8

It does. I had to put a cheap 1x2 coaxial splitter in line to send the top cable connection to all TVs
Old 06-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #9

5 bucks at Walmart. 20 bucks at radio shack
Old 06-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #10

Left a bit of an unfinished look on the exposed side of TV cabinet but had my dealer order the over the door cabinet I saw in the 3015 3010ds. Gives a beautiful finished look by concealing those wires
Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Jumper Diagram
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite Connections.pdf (66.1 KB, 110 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #12

Contacted dealer he was clueless. Any way u could send some pics

cvf1969@yahoo.com

Thank you
Old 07-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #13

over door cabinet

Do you have a part number for the over the door cabinet for the 2015 3010DS?? Thanks, Kevin
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #14

Just spoke to the my service/parts guy. He said there isn't a part number for that type of wood product. I trust his answer because its in and ready to be installed.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #15

over door cabinet

Ok, So how can i order one? They had to have some type of number to order it?/
Kevin
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #16

I'll call him back and let you know.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #17

I would like to order a shelf that fits under the TV to put my satillite box. I see it in the Sunseeker brouchere but do not know how to order. I spoke with my parts dept and they had no idea.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Jumper Diagram
i Have the same issue. i am not good at diagrams. In my 2015 Sunseeker 3010 dsf i have a dish tv box installed above the door. In the cabinet underneath the box I see a plate with two connections joined by a short jumper cable. This is on the top of the cabinet. On the left wall there is a 12 volt/ cable plate. The tv is converted to run off 12 volt power and is plugged in there and a cable is in the cable port. I activated my dish and I only get dish on the living room tv. Can you walk me through what i need to do for the outside and bedroom to show dish as well. I was told by the dealer it should work that way...any help would be appreciated.
glfairjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Pretty simply, the top connection goes to the antenna booster then then out to all TV's. So from your Satellite, you need to connect the coax output into that coax connection (remove the jumper). This will not be in HD, and you need to make sure the antenna booster is off.

I'm guessing right now, you recover feeds the TV directly (so red/white/yellow or HDMI) which is the best connection.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Pretty simply, the top connection goes to the antenna booster then then out to all TV's. So from your Satellite, you need to connect the coax output into that coax connection (remove the jumper). This will not be in HD, and you need to make sure the antenna booster is off.

I'm guessing right now, you recover feeds the TV directly (so red/white/yellow or HDMI) which is the best connection.
ok i went in my coach and removed the jumper cable. Nothing happened I still have dish tv on my living room tv but the bedroom and outside still have nothing. did i miss a step?
glfairjr is offline   Reply With Quote