Old 12-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Dish Playmaker hook up

I just got a new Dish Playmaker and Wally for our 2014 2300 SunSeeker. I have read lots of posts about how many worked first time and others that did not. Mine is in the latter category but it works great hooked directly to the Wally. Ours has the entertainment center in the front which is nice but itís a curse as well. The outlets and cable hookup is so far back in the cabinet I needed to be like Kareem Abdul Jabar to be able to reach them! Anyway, I have a toner I hooked to the cable connection in the driver side back bay and checked the front and nothing but static. So I have two questions hoping that someone else has been there, done that.

1. Does the cable input in the back RG6 from back to front? Oh God I hope so but I canít tell.

2. Is there any switches, other then the booster, or cabling I need to change, to be able to hook the satellite dish up to the cable input in the back?

I have not pursued anything yet as it is cold here and Iím trying to ask first before I go out to freeze just to investigate. Many great answers and experience here.

TIA,
Alan

Old 12-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
2017 Windjammer 3029w

MY trailer has two inputs on the outside. One is labeled cable and other is labeled satellite. I hook mine to satellite and mine works great. Not sure but satellite seems to like straight cables without splitters and such.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #3

You may have to take out the outlet covers and look. The cable toners will not pass through a splitter. If you only have a cable hookup and no separate satellite hookup, then there is a mod you can do.

You basically take off the booster plate and drill a couple of new holes. Works best if you have the tools to make new cables.

Look at modmyrv for the explanation.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #4

Welcome to the family. My RV has 4 hookups outside and I couldnít figure it out either. Hereís what I am doing as we speak. I took every outlet out of the wall and started trying to see which were on the splitters. BTW you need to find those splitter and get rid of them. There are splitters that will work with a satellite. The ones they put in these RVís are not. Only for over the air and city cable. Then you are going to have to test every cable and find out wheee each end is at. Then take the new splitter and wire it how you want your satellite to run.
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

[QUOTE=Jeff6146;1685407]Welcome to the family. My RV has 4 hookups outside and I couldnít figure it out either. Hereís what I am doing as we speak. I took every outlet out of the wall and started trying to see which were on the splitters. BTW you need to find those splitter and get rid of them. There are splitters that will work with a satellite. The ones they put in these RVís are not. Only for over the air and city cable. Then you are going to have to test every cable and find out wheee each end is at. Then take the new splitters and wire it how you want your satellite to run throughout your camper. Or you could always pay someone to come out and do it. I know where I am itís $100 for them just to come to me. Then depending on how long there here and supplies...... you know where Iím going with this? So Iím going to figure it out myself. Meanwhile Iíve got a direct lead coming from the satellite to my cable box from under the carpet on the slide my entertainment center is on. On that slide. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5935.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	158003Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5933.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	158004Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5930.jpg
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	158006Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5880.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	158007Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5857.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	158009Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5837.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	158010Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5875.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	158011Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5810.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	158012

For some reason they didnít have the right spitters installed and didnít even hook it up correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5847.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	158001   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499.jpg
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	158008  
Old 12-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #6
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Thanks for all the responses. You guys are kind of confirming my suspicions that I need to take it apart and see whatís behind panel #1! Lol! Luckily, or unluckily as the case maybe, I only have one input in the back labeled Cable. I am unable to see the output in the front as it is the very back of the cabinet and about 5í6Ē off the ground with an 18Ē deep cabinet in front making it a helluva reach to get back to it. Iím going to get something rigged up to stand on so I can reach it. I got one of those headlights to put on my head so I can see back into that dark dungeon. Lol! I have to make a trip to the store Iím sure to get a splitter Iím sure.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilson View Post
Thanks for all the responses. You guys are kind of confirming my suspicions that I need to take it apart and see whatís behind panel #1! Lol! Luckily, or unluckily as the case maybe, I only have one input in the back labeled Cable. I am unable to see the output in the front as it is the very back of the cabinet and about 5í6Ē off the ground with an 18Ē deep cabinet in front making it a helluva reach to get back to it. Iím going to get something rigged up to stand on so I can reach it. I got one of those headlights to put on my head so I can see back into that dark dungeon. Lol! I have to make a trip to the store Iím sure to get a splitter Iím sure.

I use my GoPro whenever itís not feasible to get into or at a positioning canít see or get to with my big nogin. It has an app on my phone so I can see what it sees. I came up with that all by myself. Thought that was pretty ingenious coming from me. Oh yea, and I use it for a back up/ Rear camera also. FOTFLMAOClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5947.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	158020
Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #8
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
I use my GoPro whenever itís not feasible to get into or at a positioning canít see or get to with my big nogin. It has an app on my phone so I can see what it sees. I came up with that all by myself. Thought that was pretty ingenious coming from me. Oh yea, and I use it for a back up/ Rear camera also. FOTFLMAOAttachment 158020

Awesome idea! Iíve tried using my phone but that doesnít always get me what I need! Thanks for that little nugget!
Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilson View Post
Awesome idea! Iíve tried using my phone but that doesnít always get me what I need! Thanks for that little nugget!

No problem. I use it to see when Iím working in my truck, look under my camper because of the closed in underbelly. Use it to make sure everything is still good to go and now leaks or such. I use mine all the time
Old 12-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #10
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
No problem. I use it to see when Iím working in my truck, look under my camper because of the closed in underbelly. Use it to make sure everything is still good to go and now leaks or such. I use mine all the time

That is an excellent idea! Iím going to have to get one now cause you got me thinking back to all the times I could have used one! Banging my head on the wall now with regrets!