Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #1

Dish tailgater set up

Anyone out there that can help with a tailgater set up? We recently bought a 2014 3170 that has a box in the cabinet next to TV that controls the 4 different tvs. Bought the tailgater from dish and cannot figure out how to hook it up so we can watch tvs. I am not worried that all tvs must watch the same channel, but I cannot seem to get anything on. Any help would be appreciated, it's college football season and I don't want to miss out. Thanks
beachbum107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS

What dish reciever do you have?
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #3

If you have the tailgater and the 211Z receiver, which of course will connect HDMI to one of the closest televisions. I also assume that your connection box is all coax connections? If that's correct you going to need some kind of HDMI to coax converter to feed the
Old 08-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #4

Run the cable from the. Tailgater directly to the back of the 211 and then from the 211 to the SAT-in connector on the back of the distribution system. Then push the SAT buttons on the TVs you want to watch. The cable from the dish to the 211 must be direct. The cable connector in the power/sewer compartment goes through a splitter and wont work for satellite. I ran ours through the passenger window and then had a coax pass-through drilled through the wall and installed.
MountainMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:01 PM   #5

You might want to try and unhook the park cable from the splitter box and run it directly to the back of the satellite reciever box. Then hook up the tailgater to the outlet in the sewer compartment.

The easiest way to set it up is to hook up the Tailgater before you power on the receiver. If you have an iPhone there is an app called "Dish Align" that uses your GPS to give you a general direction you want to point your dish.

I use HDMI for the closest tv and a RCA RF modulator to convert the RCA output to a coax. Then run it back into the splitter.
lowreyfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
Jdk

Got a tale gather yesterday. I got it to work only by having the cable directly to receiver. Am bummed I can't use the hook up in the back compartment. Since I am very technology challenged in lay mans terms can we fix it to work from there? My husband wants to drill a hole and put a hook up to the inside of the Rv. Hate to start drilling holes in our new Rv.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
Commercial Member

The antenna booster MUST be off for the sat to work through the outside connection.

If you hook directly into the receiver, then you are bypassing the booster physically.

If you hook into the outside connection....you must do the same thing by turning off the booster switch. Little black button on the same plate that your front TV hooks into.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote