Old 03-25-2016, 12:23 AM   #1

Dometic 4 Door Fridge Ice Maker Leak

Out on our first trip of the season and I have a leak coming from my icemaker line. I believe every time it draws more water for ice it's leaking from somewhere.
I was thinking about disconnecting it permanently anyways because we really don't use it. Does anyone know exactly what I would need to disconnect for permanent removal?

Old 03-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #2

You could disconnect it permanently by removing the water line. Or just do the lazy method like I did.....shut off the valve under the sink and remove the ice bin. We didn't use ours much either and by removing the bin we have more freezer space. Physically removing the entire thing was more hassle than I was interested in 😀

Old 03-25-2016, 09:33 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I did see the round knob under the fridge the other day. It says pull to close but doesn't see m to want to move. I was afraid to break it. I was thinking if I removed the line it would need to be capped somewhere. I haven't looked yet to see if there is a line near the water filter I could get to.
If someone has removed the water line, where did you take it back to?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #4

Yes, if this is your is your ice maker valve it's hard to pull but hold the lines and give her a hard pull and it will shut off the water. This of course assumes that it is open already.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #5

Attachment 102800
So I looked at the outside of the fridge this morning and found the metal cylinder that's at the bottom left of the picture loose and it was leaking from the tube that you can see is disconnected.
I tried a couple different ways of attaching it, but every time it starts tightening up it starts binding the tube. Anyone have an idea the proper way it should go back together?

Tags
door, fridge, leak, dometic