Old 09-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #11

Really appreciate the help.

Unit is still in NC while I had to run home for a vet appt. I plan on installing the 12v fan atop the vent chamber when I get her home next week. Once done, I will post a pic or two of the work. The assembled minds here are the greatest resource I can find and appreciate the many suggestions and links passed on. Thanks to all that posted suggestions. Patrick

Old 09-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #12

RV Frridge

I have the opposite problem with the fridge in our Flagstaff trailer: I can't make it stop freezing every thing. I have a battery operated small fan in place, have adjusted the slider thingy with no avail. The fridge has become a PIA, actually. Anyone have any idea what may be the problem? By the way, I have opened the outside panel, cleaned the backside with compressed air, etc. No obstructions are present. It freezes on 12v or 120v.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #13
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T True View Post
I have the opposite problem with the fridge in our Flagstaff trailer: I can't make it stop freezing every thing. I have a battery operated small fan in place, have adjusted the slider thingy with no avail. The fridge has become a PIA, actually. Anyone have any idea what may be the problem? By the way, I have opened the outside panel, cleaned the backside with compressed air, etc. No obstructions are present. It freezes on 12v or 120v.
According to the manual if the thermistor is bad the fridge will go into limp mode and continue to run on the last available energy source.

You can test the thermistor by unplugging it and putting it in ice water. Give it a few seconds and them read the resistance with an ohm meter. It should read somewhere in the neighborhood of 8000Ω.

ETA -- Forgot to mention. Make sure that the thermistor is in the plastic clip and it's about the center of it. It should also be clipped on the far right fin.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #14
Mod free 5er

Suggest putting dual fans just above the burner at the bottom of the frig, not at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual fans 1.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	119657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual fans2.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	119658  
Old 09-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #15

simple things first

on the top right inside of the frid is a plastic slide. make sure the thermistor (the little tube with a fat top at the end) is stays put when you adjust the slide up and down. very small pieces of foam will keep it in place, a piece of electrical tape can be used at the end of the wire to show if it has moved.

not a repair, but this will eliminate one possible easy cause of high temps due to the thermistor is not being elevated high enough.

"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, dometic