Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #1

Dometic RM1350 double door.

I have had my 3050s in twice already for the double doors will not stay shut while driving. It just happened again. Any ideas? Seems ridiculous to pay this much and have to tape doors closed.
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #2

Doesn't it have the ignition activated auto door lock? If it does, it is obviously not working and the dealer needs to repair it. It works manually also. Check between the freezer and refrigerator doors for a slider.
Owned 2015 Sunseeker 3010DS previously
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

It does not have the auto door lock system. The dealer replaced the handles. That seemed to have worked for awhile.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #4

I have the four door Dometic Fridge in my Columbus 365 RL and I have a dent on one of my doors that was done while on the road ,first time coming back home. I put a strap on the freezer and one on the fridge doors while in transit.
Cajun Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #5

Seems like jury rigging a fix should not be required. I noticed on the right side it does engage lock. It can be opened without the release handle. I use electrical tape. However with a wedge between it should engage latch/lock. Still it should work without these modifications.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #6

I have a 3010ds with same 4 door refrig and had same issue. I had the dealer ship me a new door handle from domestic and I replaced the one bad plastic door handle as it would not latch. Replaced it and fixed the problem. (I should have had them send me 2)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app
The Real Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I had the RM1350 in my last TT and I had trouble with a handle breaking off. It was holding too tight on the latch and would crack when pulling it open. I replaced 3 handles and the last one had a differant part no. with metal in it. It lasted till I traded it in. I thought there should have been some way to adjust the door.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Contact Dometic. Should stay shut...I seem to think they have redesigned their door system,

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #9

I was told that Dometic changed the plastic handles ( new ones are more flexable material) so they hold onto the latch better. I carry a set in my spare parts bin just in case. On the bright side we get compliments on now great this fridge looks, we love it!!!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #10

2014 2860DS
Seems to be a problem on the 4 door big refrigs, one of mine was not working when I picked up the MH, dealer replaced it, when I got home one of the other ones would not hold tight. I've asked my dealer to replace several small items I could install in a few minutes. I get the same answer we need to diagnose the problem... AKA bring the MH in and we will get around to fixing a 2 minute job when we get to it. my dealer is in a pretty high crime area and I've seen lots of break ins at the lot... ripped out TV's etc. At this point I'm not willing to leave my MH there and risk having it vandalized.. should be an easier process for inexpensive small items!

Will domestic send replacement parts free? my 4 door refrig fan is also one of those that is VERY loud (lots of posts) and getting louder by the day..

We bought the MH because of the 4 door refrig and outside kitchen. and for sure gave up storage space for the design.. Its kind of disappointing having small problems that are a chore to get fixed. If our door got a dent because of a faulty latch, we would be asking for a new door also. We just got back from a 2 week trip to Vancouver Island BC and had a great time and loved the MH. People stopped and raved about how cool the outside kitchen was... Its just the small stuff that's disappointing.
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #11

Yes they offered to ship my handles but I had several other issues including a bad selector box and regulated. So I took it in.

Tags
dometic, door