Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #1

Door not staying latched

On a recent trip to Alaska, we starting having problems with our coach door coming unlatched while under way. Having it dead bolted prevented it from actually opening but it is still an issue as it has enough of a gap to allow rain and wind to enter, not to mention the noise.

All attempts at adjustment have failed so far. . Pulling it back in latches it firmly for a while but at the next bump it will pop again. No problem keeping it latched when parked, only while,in motion. It almost acts like the door frame is flexing and it pops lose. Anyone with the same issues or ideas? It's out of warranty so id just as soon fix it myself but tHis one has me stumped.

2015 sunseeker 3010DS

Thanks!
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #2

Just bumping back to the top to see if anyone else has had this problem.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:10 PM   #3

It's probably either your door strike or the strike plate on the frame. I'd first make sure the strike and plate are even with each other. Once you make sure they are in line with each other, you may want to gently pull the outer edge of the strike plate with a screw driver out so it sticks slightly further out more from the frame than it does now.

When I switched from factory door locks to RV Lock electronic locks, I went through this problem same problem with our TH.

Tags
door