Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #1

Down in front

Is there any way to fix the slop that seams to be on the Sunseeker E450 MH? The front of the coach seems to set about 2 inchs lower than the back. This means that if I find a really level place I still have to put about 2" of blocks under the front just to level the MH. Is there a fix?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

An inexpensive fix would be using Lynx Levelers, available at Walmart, to stack for any difference you may encounter. Front to back or side to side, we use them even with our levelers from time to time. They are stackable, come 10 to a case, and easily stored in the zip up case. We have four sets for our motorhome.

http://www.lynxlevelers.com/

They have multiple types now.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #3

We have the Lynx Levelers and I use them but what a mess when parked on dirt and it rains and the first ones in the stack sink. However, thanks for the suggestion. Looking for something easier but without paying for hydro Jacks.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #4

Have the same problem with our Georgetown 378, it is the natural rake to the suspension. They account for the weight of gas, water and gear to somewhat level out the coach when loaded but unfortunately they don't sink all that much when loaded. I have been finding that even if I find a level site to park, the hydraulic levelers will lift the front end completely off the ground in an effort to get the floor of the rig level. Outside of some kind of suspension leveling kit for the front end which would involve spacers of some sort I don't know what the answer is. If you have front coil springs then you may be able to get leveling spacers which insert above the springs. I know they are available for the Dodge P/Us as they had the same issue, Ford may also have something but unfortunately for us we have front leaf springs.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 AM   #5

Thanks I was hoping that it just wasn't me and my RV. I will look into the spacer thing.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Have the same problem with our Georgetown 378, it is the natural rake to the suspension. They account for the weight of gas, water and gear to somewhat level out the coach when loaded but unfortunately they don't sink all that much when loaded. I have been finding that even if I find a level site to park, the hydraulic levelers will lift the front end completely off the ground in an effort to get the floor of the rig level. Outside of some kind of suspension leveling kit for the front end which would involve spacers of some sort I don't know what the answer is. If you have front coil springs then you may be able to get leveling spacers which insert above the springs. I know they are available for the Dodge P/Us as they had the same issue, Ford may also have something but unfortunately for us we have front leaf springs.
I agree that the tail is up there. Kinda looks like the old Muscle Cars from the 60's and 70"s. Imagine that horsepower in a Road Runner or Chevelle, WHOA!!!. We'd need a parachute to help slow it down.
I've never had my front wheels lift but the rear has on occassion. I have ramps I park on in my driveway because of the slope. It raises the rear up 4-1/2" in order to level it without the rear tires lifting off the ground.
I've seen Motorhomes parked this way, rear tires off the ground and just resting on the levelers at one campground in Gettysburg PA. It is definitely a scary site. There's no way I'd ever think of having any tires off the ground while camping or storing my coach.

We've been using the Lynx levelers because it gives us the most adjustments while not needing a lumber yard worth of wood. The flexibility of this system has met our needs to date. I just hose them off if they get sandy or muddy.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I agree that the tail is up there. Kinda looks like the old Muscle Cars from the 60's and 70"s. Imagine that horsepower in a Road Runner or Chevelle, WHOA!!!. We'd need a parachute to help slow it down.
I've never had my front wheels lift but the rear has on occassion. I have ramps I park on in my driveway because of the slope. It raises the rear up 4-1/2" in order to level it without the rear tires lifting off the ground.
I've seen Motorhomes parked this way, rear tires off the ground and just resting on the levelers at one campground in Gettysburg PA. It is definitely a scary site. There's no way I'd ever think of having any tires off the ground while camping or storing my coach....
Having the front tires off the ground doesn't bother me but the rears is just downright dangerous. They obviously didn't understand that the rears are your parking brake.

Since this is our first rig with levelers I was hopfull that it would end the "driving up on blocks" exercise but they have turned out to be just not that usefull unless you are really close to being level already.

I may have to look into the Lynx blocks myself.....
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #8

I may have found the answer

I may have found the answer to this. I just ordered 4 Camco Tri Levelers from http://www.tweetys.com/tri-levelerand153.aspx for $14.44 each + shipping might work.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #9

I had two sets of blocks that I made using scrap pressure treated 2x8 that looked like the Tri Levelers for our old motorhome. I let the new owners have them as I figured the hydraulic levelers were the end of that. Had the wife pick up the Lynx Levelers at WalMart yesterday. Will give them a test run in about 3 weeks on our next outing.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #10

When I park the "C" at the house I pull it up one 1 Lynx Leveler per wheel to just get it off the ground. The weight of the "C" has crushed 1 of the levelers as it ended up not centered on the tire. Besides if the ground is soft or wet they seem to sink into the earth and are dirty when you pack up to go.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #11

Thanks for the heads up, maybe I would have just been better off with my old wood ramps....
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #12

I got the 4 Camco Tri Levelers from http://www.tweetys.com/tri-levelerand153.aspx for $14.44 each + shipping, they arrived Friday afternoon. I haven't tried them yet but they look like they can handle the job. It will be 3 weeks before we go out again so while let you know how they perform then.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
I got the 4 Camco Tri Levelers from http://www.tweetys.com/tri-levelerand153.aspx for $14.44 each + shipping, they arrived Friday afternoon. I haven't tried them yet but they look like they can handle the job. It will be 3 weeks before we go out again so while let you know how they perform then.
My biggest concern with the Tri Levelers is that the 22" tires will not be completely on a flat surface. The flat portion on each Tri-Leveler is very limited. It looks like my tires would be parked on stairs and the tires would not be on a stable footing.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
My biggest concern with the Tri Levelers is that the 22" tires will not be completely on a flat surface. The flat portion on each Tri-Leveler is very limited. It looks like my tires would be parked on stairs and the tires would not be a stable footing.
That could be true. I don't know if they have a return policy or not, if it did not work for you.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
I may have found the answer to this. I just ordered 4 Camco Tri Levelers from http://www.tweetys.com/tri-levelerand153.aspx for $14.44 each + shipping might work.

Will I got to try these this weekend and can you say love it. We went to Laura Walker State Park in GA and it is not the levelest CG I have been in. Had to back in and it was the last site available. I used the new leveler and it was vary easy. To be level I had to raise the backend up almost 3" and pulling up on the Trilevels made it easy to do. Using the orange leveling blocks of wood blocks would have taken more than I had to left all 4 tires up that distance. For the price and ease I am a happy camper.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #16

Thanks for the post. I have the same problem. Can you post a response on how well the 4 Camco Tri Levelers work.
Deepseafloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #17

Deepseafloyd,

We went to Laura Walker State Park in GA and it is not the levelest CG I have been in. Had to back in and it was the last site available. I used the new leveler and it was vary easy. To be level I had to raise the backend up almost 3" and pulling up on the Trilevels made it easy to do. Using the orange leveling blocks of wood blocks would have taken more than I had to left all 4 tires up that distance. For the price and ease I am a happy camper. I highly recommend them. I also used them on the front this last weekend and they again were great for leveling front to back.

Tags
sunseeker le