Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #1

Drawer Fastener

I have a 2013 Sunseeker 3050S. The drawer fastener (CATCH) has broken. I'm still under warranty and hate to drive all the way back to selling dealer to have them replace the part as it is 40 miles one way.

Is there a way to order this from Forest River?
NCIC105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

I believe the they have to be order through the dealer. You can purchase the exact same push latch from Amazon: $9.43 for the 10 pound latch and $9.95 for the 5 pound latch. This may be a faster and cheaper way to replace your latch when you factor in the cost of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Here's one for $7.20 and Prime. Locally would be the best bet (Lowes, Home Depot). It's the shipping that adds all the cost...those latches are probably $2.

http://www.amazon.com/Southco-Passiv...=southco+latch

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:16 PM   #4

I picked mine up at Camping World. The home centers only had the spring type roller latches. CW was inline with the prices at Amazon.

I found that if you don't fully close the latch - the latch will come out without pulling the catch back out therefore the catch is still in the closed position. Then when you shut the drawer back the latch hits the catch and it breaks the mechanism.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
I have a 2013 Sunseeker 3050S. The drawer fastener (CATCH) has broken. I'm still under warranty and hate to drive all the way back to selling dealer to have them replace the part as it is 40 miles one way.

Call forest river.....bet they will send you one for free !!!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post

The latch might not be broken, just actuated in the latch or resting in the closed position. Check the position of the latch by looking at a functioning latch. You can use a screw driver to reset, if that is the case.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
The latch might not be broken, just actuated in the latch or resting in the closed position. Check the position of the latch by looking at a functioning latch. You can use a screw driver to reset, if that is the case.
Mine broke in 1/2..Looks like the screw came out and stresses the one screw so it broke at the screw hole.....Boy that sounds weird!
Old 08-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #8

BC is the Amazon one you linked to on Amazon the actual one on the newer Sunseekers?

Thanks
RON
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Here's one for $7.20 and Prime. Locally would be the best bet (Lowes, Home Depot). It's the shipping that adds all the cost...those latches are probably $2.

Robot Check
Received it from Amazon today and it was a perfect fit...Glad I'm a prime member!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:33 PM   #10

Thanks NCIC 105, out of stock as we speak LOL

Yes on Prime, I've made a lot of orders the last few months stocking the MH for use

RON
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
Commercial Member

it looks like the same ones we use.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote