Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 05:24 AM   #1

Driver and Passenger Swivel Chairs

I am about to order a Sunseeker 2650S and I am considering the option of having swivel chairs installed for driver and passenger seats. I noticed that the driver's compartment is lower than the living space behind it. So, can the swivel chairs be turned around to face the living area, and, if so, how comfortable or useful are they when turned out? Does it feel like you are sitting in a hole, or does it feel like you are part of the living space? Thanks for your help.
carlben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:12 AM   #2
Wait till next year...

Can't speak from experience because we chose not to include swivel seats in our 2650s for the reason you noted about the floor height. I had found a video of the chairs turned in another coach and the salesman in the video couldn't sit without his legs stretched out.Figured I'd have a hard time standing from chair. Never could find a sunseeker on a dealers lot with swivel to try it so got all the options but the swivel. Love the size,the outside storage and the queen bed thats one piece
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:21 AM   #3

Any tips for me?

Hi, Ned,

You apparently have the exact motorhome I want to buy. Can you give me any advice about options or anything else that you wish someone had told you before you bought the 2650S? We have seen the model at the Harrisburg RV Show in September, but there are none that I can find on any local lots to see again right now. What kind of gas mileage do you get? How does it handle on the road? Thank you so much for your help!!!!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
Citrus County, Fl.

Not sure if you can get swivel seats on the 2650. Some of the floor plans don't allow it due to location of the dinette, etc. This plan only has a chair behind the passenger seat so you may be able to have one for the passenger. I sat in a 3051 at the Tampa show in found the swivel seats comfortable and easy enough to get out of. Our 3011 is due to arrive in a few days and we ordered the swivels because it will allow seating options for viewing the TV that is mounted on the side.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #5

Please let me know how the swivel seats work out when you get your motorhome. We had the same thought - that it might allow us to see the side mounted TV in a more comfortable chair. Apparently the swivel chair is an option for the 2650S because it has been offered to us. Thanks so much for your feedback!
Old 05-02-2015, 08:20 AM   #6

Hi
We have the Sunseeker 3050s.We got the swivel chair on the passenger side as I felt it would be an extra chair if you had company or for someone who wants to read.
You cannot watch TV from here in our unit as it is above the bunk.The swivel is a bit difficult to work until you get the hang of it but it is certainly part of the area as right beside the couch in ours.The little step down does not make a difference.If you had a rainy day and people in for a visit it is an extra chair.
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #7

Driver and Passenger Swivel Chairs

Our 2451s has a driver seat swivel. Wish I had passenger seat too but as others noted it depends on floor plan. With our slide out the drivers seat is very open. It is close to the floor but great to have an extra seat. I'd recommend them if your floor plan allows for it.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
Wait till next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlben View Post
Hi, Ned,

You apparently have the exact motorhome I want to buy. Can you give me any advice about options or anything else that you wish someone had told you before you bought the 2650S? We have seen the model at the Harrisburg RV Show in September, but there are none that I can find on any local lots to see again right now. What kind of gas mileage do you get? How does it handle on the road? Thank you so much for your help!!!!
Check for the Forester 2651s same thing as the 2650s. I had the same problem locating the 2650s to get a look and found a forester fairly close by. We spent some time going thru it,again the rear exterior storage was a big selling point with us.It had the dinette and though we hadnt seen the couch option except online we went with that. Only problem with the couch is the table that goes with it, too heavy to continually take up and put down. We use the cheap tv dinner tables for the weekends and only put up the big table for longer stays.MPG depends ,winter gas in New England drops mpg 2-3 gal. I use a scangauge to keep track of whats happening with temp and mpg.Basically your looking at 6-8mpg maybe better when its broken in. We've only done short trips so far. Longest drive so far was bringing it home from dealer Handling wasnt as bad as some of the bigger coaches have said but I found when I got home the tires and air bags had less pressure that some have suggested here. Thing is to take your time and make sure you get what you want. This is a great place to ask questions and research equipment just remember we all have the best FR models...LOL
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #9

Thank you for your insights!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #10

Swivel seat

I had a passenger side swivel seat installed. Yes, it is down further than the base floor level but I use it as a recliner for reading and relaxing. My son also changed the swivel on my TV to a tilt swivel so I am able to see the TV from there.
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:00 AM   #11

Swivel

Just wondering when you mentioned the TV.What model of Sunseeker do you have?
Thank you.
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:40 AM   #12

I am looking to put in my order for the Sunseeker 2650S. I'm trying to figure out what options Iwant.