Old 02-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #1

Driver Side Rear Light stays on

Driver Side Rear Light stays on when vehicle is not running and right and left turn signals lights flash on and off (alternating right and left) when I turn the turn signal switch to the right. The only way I can get the light to turn off is to remove the #10 fuse (Fuse box Under the left front seat) this is a 25 A fuse labeled "Terminal 30, body/equipment manufacturer". There is a switch on house convenience center labeled "Driver Side Rear Light". As far as I can tell it does not do anything and it does not fix my problem if the switch is set to on or off.

The problem only started two days after taking the RV to get a PA State Inspection.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

2016 Sunseeker 2400 WS MBS

Old 02-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #2

It sounds like you have found the soon to be infamous problem with the Curt Lighting Adapter FR uses to interface the coach rear lighting. The Curt unit is at the rear of your coach just in front of the rear bumper. The wiring for your 7-Pin trailer lighting and the LED tail lights lights runs in to the unit. It then interfaces to the M-B OEM wiring harness via the Fuse Panel under the drivers seat.

Did you drive in the rain in the last couple days? Getting it wet can cause the Curt to freak out. Do a search in the Solera and MBS Chassis forums on "Curt" and you will find a lot of info and pictures of the offending unit.

The "Driver Side Rear Light" is the big, round, outside light on your slide out.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #3

Thanks, I found the Curt unit. Looks too complicated to work on myself. I will have to call FR to see where I can take it to get it fixed. Light does not stay on now but the turn signals and Brake lights are not working correctly. Thing has a mind of it's own.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #4

See Here for a thread with another owners issues with the Curt. That thread links to another thread on the Curt as well...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #5

Grounding

I spent a day once working on my first trailer, and the running lights would still blink with the turn signal on. I finally took it to a pro, and he explained that the trailer wasn't grounded to the TV. If yours didn't work after a rain, that could be your problem. Hook your jumper cables to the frame of truck and trailer and you'll know if that is the problem.

Tags
light