Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #21

Looks like i need to pull the whole panel off to see if i have capped and stowed wires.

(Side Note----Ordering some big foot levelers today!!!!!!!!)

Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 PM   #22
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
I had a scare light installed There are no separate wires run on my 2012 2650, so the dealer connected to the exterior lights and ran the wires for the switch into the adjacent bedroom shirt closet. Since I normally leave it on the auto setting, having the switch there isn't too inconvenient, especially for the security it provides.
Tom, what is the "auto" setting you mention? I'm not following you.

I'm thinking I'll pull the control panel and see if I can mount the light in that area.... If there's access to the exterior wall My MH is pretty short being the 2450 and should be a good spot.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:00 AM   #23

The 3010 appears to be easy to add the light and wire to the convenience panel. The wall the convenience panel is mounted on is a utility wall with wires likely running up to the ceiling and down below the floor deck. When I changed my bathroom fan to a Fantastic fan I noticed that there are wire channels in the Styrofoam insulation blocks. I used a snake camera to inspect the ceiling cavity and I noticed there may be ways to "fish" wire from point to point by removing light fixtures and skylight trim rings. The 3010 also has the cabinet above the toilet or the cabinet in the bedroom that could be points to go through the wall to the exterior.

If you do consider going forward with adding the light then check the security lights at Command Electronics: The Eclipse - Security Lighting Re-Imagined
I upgraded my two storage compartment lights to the Command Electronics LED Omega fixture and I am extremely pleased with the light output.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #24

Here is the light that I had hardwired into the coach. The switch is right below the light. Was going to do it myself but DW kind of freaked out about me drilling through her beautiful paintjob.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	45655  
Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #25

It is on auto mode (my tech talk) when it is set for the daylight and motion sensors to work.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
It is on auto mode (my tech talk) when it is set for the daylight and motion sensors to work.
Tom,if it is set for Motion,will it activate when your (Nextdoor Neighbors) at the C/G move around on their Patio? Youroo!!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #27

Yooroo.........I have a Smart Light 2000 and I set the motion sensitivity to low. I also had one on a prior RV and haven't had that problem yet. I suppose if they were too close it might annoy them.......maybe they'll go inside.

Tags
light