Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
Plain Old Member

Driver's side slide adjustment (3121DS)

Figured I'd try posting this over here in case somebody doesn't read the Forester posts. Anybody know how to access the slide motor and components on the driver's side slide of a 3121DS? The slide needs adjustment and was wondering how to do so.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
Commercial Member

The slide motor doesn't get adjusted really...just the rails.

Check the last few pages.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Above Floor Slide.pdf (1.09 MB, 91 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

I understand. In this case, there is no adjustment on the outside portion, so figured if I can get to the motor, I can get to the rest of it. Mine does not have those bolts as shown in that picture under the outside of the slide out. It's pretty much bolted through the track into the floor, no slotted adjustment there. The whole aft side needs to be shifted out about 1/2 to 3/4". When retracted, it's so tight on the aft side that it's bending the outside flanges and scratching the paint. The front portion, small gap, gasket nicely compressed and looks good. So is the motor and track assembly mounted under the dinette floor/ on top of the main laminated floor, or between the outside compartment and under the main laminated floor? Either way, I'd like to be able to get to it. If I were home I'd crawl further up under the MH, but since I'm at work, just trying to save myself some aggravation and go right to it when I get home. The attachment also shows the "Out Stop Adjustment", but that appears to only adjust where it stops extending, not retracting. Then it shows the horizontal adjustment, and the up and down adjustment at the exterior portion, neither of which mine has. Nowhere can I find an adjustment for stopping it on the "retracted" position........except, on page 4, it shows an "adjustment coupler". This looks more like what I need to find where you can adjust the one side to match the other. This would allow you to adjust that one track by rolling the coupler to the next bolt hole on that side. Now, I gotta figure out where that coupling is; Inside or outside. Any more guidance is appreciated.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Commercial Member

there are inside stops. To get to those you typically need to take off the front kick plate of the dinette. The Motor is mounted above the laminated floor. There is a hole cut in that floor so you can access/drop the motor if need be, but its tight. That's really all you can do is drop the motor. I'm at a show in denver but I'm trying to get pictures from someone in the plant.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Plain Old Member

So there are stops that adjust how much it comes in? That kick plate on the dinette, I can wiggle the small carpeted section between the dinette seats a little, but I can't tell how it comes off. Almost feels like it would break if I pulled on it too hard. On either side of that it's just the wood below the drawer. Seems like if I could get that panel off and access the drive shafts, I could adjust the bolts on one or the other to straighten it out. Or, if there are stops that adjust how much it comes in, adjust that. A picture would be priceless at this point.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Commercial Member

That carpeted piece is held on by screws (carpet hides them, a magnet may reveal them). Not sure when I can get a pic.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Plain Old Member

Ok. I'll wait and see what pictures you come up with. Thanks,
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

I know we had a few pm messages on this subject, but were you ever able to get any pictures? I'd love to see that slide before it's all boxed in and closed up under the slide floor, where at least I'd know what I was digging into.