Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 216
When I dumped the black tanks the first time, I couldn't get the valve closed afterward. I had read about this on the forum, so I stuck the hose up the dump flange and turned the water on full blast. And out comes flooring from the installation of the tanks. Sloppy! Flushed a lot and more crap (not poop) came out. No problems since. Quality control for all these very expensive products is somewhat lacking. Perhaps once you in the big A class rigs over $500k there's less of this. I'll never know...
__________________

__________________
Eric Jackson
Ottawa Ontario Canada
2015 Solera 24R
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,321
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoctor View Post
When I dumped the black tanks the first time, I couldn't get the valve closed afterward. I had read about this on the forum, so I stuck the hose up the dump flange and turned the water on full blast. And out comes flooring from the installation of the tanks. Sloppy! Flushed a lot and more crap (not poop) came out. No problems since. Quality control for all these very expensive products is somewhat lacking. Perhaps once you in the big A class rigs over $500k there's less of this. I'll never know...
Although we have never pooped in this RV the previous owners may have. So I am a bit leery of getting some flying poop in my driveway. But you may be right about debris. Supposedly the tanks were supposed to be clear upon delivery to me.

I may try this when the neighbors and my family are away.
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,321
I didn't get the Valterra yet but I have been concerned about any residual water in the black and grey tanks freezing. The way I normally park in my driveway the front end is lower than the rear which is how it was when I dumped the tanks.

Today I backed it in so the RV was almost level. I put a bucket under the dump pipe and pulled the cap off, a little water came out, not much. Then I pulled the grey dump valve and a few more drops came out. So after about 45 minutes maybe six drops of water. That worry is now gone.

Next I did the same with the black tank. About a gallon or a little more came out. I did notice that the rod hangs up a little while moving in and out. I didn't notice that before. We then dumped about a gallon and a half of water in the toilet and it ran right out of the pipe. I let it drip for an hour before closing the valve and replacing the cap.

I expect that I will be using the toilet over the winter so I dumped a gallon of antifreeze in the black tank via the toilet leaving a little above the valve. I didn't put any in the grey tank. The dealer put antifreeze in the sinks and shower drains.

So should I put antifreeze in the grey tank?

I was also thinking about putting some vinegar into the grey tank because there was a raunchy smell emitting from it after it drained.

Bobby
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #24
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
A bit in the gray tank won't hurt. Keeps things lubed. If the traps keep filled with AF then the stink should stay in the tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
A bit in the gray tank won't hurt. Keeps things lubed. If the traps keep filled with AF then the stink should stay in the tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Will do but I have read that some rigs vanity sinks drain into the black tank. I don't know which of my facilities drain into which tank. I am probably pretty safe thinking the kitchen sink and shower drains into the grey tank.

You live close enough tour area that you were probably below freezing every night recently. We were around 27 most of last night. I waited until the afternoon before draining the tanks. I have hills on all sides so we don't get early morning sun or late afternoon sun.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Will do but I have read that some rigs vanity sinks drain into the black tank. I don't know which of my facilities drain into which tank. I am probably pretty safe thinking the kitchen sink and shower drains into the grey tank.

You live close enough tour area that you were probably below freezing every night recently. We were around 27 most of last night. I waited until the afternoon before draining the tanks. I have hills on all sides so we don't get early morning sun or late afternoon sun.
I dont think you will find many sinks backing into the black tank anymore unless someone modified it to do so.

In regards to the lights showing levels, mine hasnt worked since day one
__________________
2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #27
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Will do but I have read that some rigs vanity sinks drain into the black tank. I don't know which of my facilities drain into which tank. I am probably pretty safe thinking the kitchen sink and shower drains into the grey tank.

You live close enough tour area that you were probably below freezing every night recently. We were around 27 most of last night. I waited until the afternoon before draining the tanks. I have hills on all sides so we don't get early morning sun or late afternoon sun.
Yeah I winterized a week or so ago. One word of advice, I'd refill the trap and toilet with AF once in a while. Keeps the stink out and keeps toilet lubed. I cannot speak to where they drain but wither way, keeping the trap filled will keep out any stink. I've never treated my gray tank. Does not mean you should not. I just do not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yeah I winterized a week or so ago. One word of advice, I'd refill the trap and toilet with AF once in a while. Keeps the stink out and keeps toilet lubed. I cannot speak to where they drain but wither way, keeping the trap filled will keep out any stink. I've never treated my gray tank. Does not mean you should not. I just do not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Thank you.
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replacement, sunseeker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.