Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Dump valve replacement on Sunseekers

One or both of my dump valves is leaking on my 2250.

What can I expect to pay to have them replaced at the dealer or at an independent shop? I prefer to have the work done now before freezing weather sets in.

Thanks in advance,

Bobby
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
Rivnut
 
Rivnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Monterey, TN cumberland Plateau
Posts: 157
Betcha its just an adjustment at the valve where the cable connects to the valve, two allen screws loosened up, slide the valve closed, reset the screws to the cable handle and wala...!!!!
__________________

__________________
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivnut View Post
Betcha its just an adjustment at the valve where the cable connects to the valve, two allen screws loosened up, slide the valve closed, reset the screws to the cable handle and wala...!!!!
Wow, good to know . thanks.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivnut View Post
Betcha its just an adjustment at the valve where the cable connects to the valve, two allen screws loosened up, slide the valve closed, reset the screws to the cable handle and wala...!!!!
Actually, I may have rods and not cables but there may still be an adjustment.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
KenHwy61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 716
I had to take mine apart and clean debris that was keeping from closing all the way. Far easier is to add another valve that is made to go on your sewer outlet between your tank and sewer hose. Just seach Valterra T58 valve.
__________________

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
I had to take mine apart and clean debris that was keeping from closing all the way. Far easier is to add another valve that is made to go on your sewer outlet between your tank and sewer hose. Just seach Valterra T58 valve.
I like the Valterra valve solution but I am concerned it will stick out beyond the side of the RV.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
KenHwy61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 716
I couldn't say if a Valterra would stick out too far on your camper. It is about 4 inches thick I believe. Otherwise you could try some serious flushing to dislodge whatever might be stuck if that is the reason it won't close. Otherwise you may have to open up the bottom for a better look. The valves themselves are easy to take apart but getting to it might be hard. Maybe a Sunseeker owner will chime in as to the difficulty of repairing a valve.
__________________

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel,NJ
Posts: 5,017
I don't know about a 2250, but my 3100SS is easy to change either valve. Just make sure tanks are fully drained. I would drive left rear wheels onto some blocks to tilt tanks a little away from opening. 2 different size valves. Had a problem with my gray draining and this is what I did.
__________________
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
I couldn't say if a Valterra would stick out too far on your camper. It is about 4 inches thick I believe. Otherwise you could try some serious flushing to dislodge whatever might be stuck if that is the reason it won't close. Otherwise you may have to open up the bottom for a better look. The valves themselves are easy to take apart but getting to it might be hard. Maybe a Sunseeker owner will chime in as to the difficulty of repairing a valve.
For what the Valterra costs it is worth taking a chance on it. It will be close to the edge but the generator exhaust pipe sticks out further.
Thanks.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I don't know about a 2250, but my 3100SS is easy to change either valve. Just make sure tanks are fully drained. I would drive left rear wheels onto some blocks to tilt tanks a little away from opening. 2 different size valves. Had a problem with my gray draining and this is what I did.
Thanks. I am not able to get under the RV to do even simple chores due to some physical limitations from injuries.
__________________

__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
replacement, sunseeker

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.