Old 11-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
2015 Sunseeker 2300

could you run wires from the outlet down the wall you could use the track thing they run wiring in offices that stick to the base boards and have the outlet on the wall yes I know it will not be recessed but it sure would be practical! Do they make outlets that are slimmer for small spaces? Or some sort of post that would hide the wires and the outlet could mount inside of?

Old 11-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #12

I have no experience with those surface mount wiring products but I'm sure it can be done.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #13

They make boxes and conduit for surface mounting. You should be able to find it at any electrical supply store or your local home center.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #14
2015 Sunseeker 2300

Thanks I will find someone that can do electrical work and see about surface mounting if we can do this why can't forest River?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingsnap View Post
if we can do this why can't forest River?
There actually ARE some things that you can do, that we cannot do because of code requirements. You are not bound by those same codes, because then you are taking on the liability.

Attached is a 2300 kitchen picture. By code, we can not put an outlet within a certain distance of the range. There is no room by the door, so we put outlets in the only feasible spot that we can.

There is also an outlet at the base of the dinette. That may go to the wall of the wardrobe on the sofa, but I'm sure you can request that or have the dealer install one there.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with women designers or men designers. I am a man. I use an electric skillet and make some mean pancakes. I am the primary breakfast maker on vacation and my wife handles dinner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2300outlets.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	66175  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #16
2015 Sunseeker 2300

Sure wish y'all would consider the 2 burner stove like the Lexington has it would give a few more inches of precious counter space and if you installed it vertical it would really be nice with the glass top folding towards the refrig wall.. then get an oval or rectangle sink you would open up the counter even more.... why can't you install an outlet under the flip counter top? looks like that would be an ideal place .. I will definitely request an outlet on the front of the wardrobe thanks for that suggestion otherwise there would not be a place for charging phones or using laptops on that side of the unit as always thanks for your knowledge
Old 11-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #17
GM

We're taking the 2 burner out of the Lexington as well. 99% of the people that walk in complain that it is only two small burners and that a big pot + sauté pan would not fit with how it is recessed. So back to 3 burner.

can't install outlet behind counter extension due to code reasons. Also, it would only be available with the extension in an extended position. If people are coming in and out it would keep dropping onto any plugs that extend out of there.

As for phones...we are now installing a 4 port USB changing station on all new builds.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
Great idea. I would definitely want GFCI protection since you would be using appliances on the countertop near the sink.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
If you have spare room in your panel may I suggest that you install a 20 amp breaker and wire to carry that to the new GFI. Yes you do want it on a GFI near any water areas to be safe. Extra outlet at night for another space heater....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #19

Unfortunately, in my 2300, there is no room for more circuits in the panel. They already use twin half-width breakers, and it's full up. A person could probably buy the bars from WFCO that are missing from the RH side of the panel. That makes it a 50A configuration, but it can be set up to run as more circuits from the LH side instead.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #20

As to the stove, 2 burners would be better, but only if it still comes with an oven. The oven was a selling point for us.

Tags
electric, electrical