Old 02-23-2016, 07:04 PM   #11

I have an issue with our 2014 2500 TS Sun Seeker. Once in a while when we are dry camping he solenoid in the battery distribution center starts clicking. This fall house batteries were taken out and I started the engine and the clicking started again and continues. Evidently its got something to do with the engine. I have a new solenoid to replace the original but is it a faulty solenoid or something else that |I should be concerned about.

Brandon2

Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon 2 View Post
I have an issue with our 2014 2500 TS Sun Seeker. Once in a while when we are dry camping he solenoid in the battery distribution center starts clicking. This fall house batteries were taken out and I started the engine and the clicking started again and continues. Evidently its got something to do with the engine. I have a new solenoid to replace the original but is it a faulty solenoid or something else that |I should be concerned about.

Brandon2

My first guess would be the printed circuit board in the "BIRD" controlling the solenoid. The voltage to the solenoid should be rock solid not fluctuating allowing the sol. to chatter. You can verify with a VOM.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:46 PM   #13

Soleniod Clicking

I know I am late in responding but the unit was winterized and just not used over that time.
Anyway I sent an e-mail to Russell Stall of forest River and here is his response.
"It sounds like there is an issue with the Batter isolator manager inside of the Battery Control Center If its is a Worth Electronics brand box then the parts are no longer available. You will need to change out the complete BCC."
Well I checked and sure enough it is a Worth Electronics BCC. With pats no long available it makes me a bit sick because the motor home is a 2014.
The dealer here is useless. The tek guy told me it was a relay. so I replaced the relays and the clicking was still there.
My question to Russ is what battery control Center should or would replace the existing Worth Unit (Should be renamed Worthless" So waiting for his response. I also o went back on the forum for any other input. Someone else out there must have had this same issue

Brandon2 2014 2500TS Sun Seeker.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:29 AM   #14
MH Noob

Brandon - is it the relay/solenoid in the K2 position?
Old 04-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon 2 View Post
I know I am late in responding but the unit was winterized and just not used over that time.
Anyway I sent an e-mail to Russell Stall of forest River and here is his response.
"It sounds like there is an issue with the Batter isolator manager inside of the Battery Control Center If its is a Worth Electronics brand box then the parts are no longer available. You will need to change out the complete BCC."
Well I checked and sure enough it is a Worth Electronics BCC. With pats no long available it makes me a bit sick because the motor home is a 2014.
The dealer here is useless. The tek guy told me it was a relay. so I replaced the relays and the clicking was still there.
My question to Russ is what battery control Center should or would replace the existing Worth Unit (Should be renamed Worthless" So waiting for his response. I also o went back on the forum for any other input. Someone else out there must have had this same issue

Brandon2 2014 2500TS Sun Seeker.

If you are still looking- Itellitec has provided lots of bcc systems to FR. Provides compound charging from shore power and chassis power.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #16

Did not have to look any further . Russ sent me a new precision circuit unit to replace the defective worth unit. The RV dealer is to install it in middle of May. The precision units are now used on the Sun Seekers.

Brandon2
2014TS Sun Seeker