Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #21

you might check with a local dealer about which extended warranties they sell. I bought one through Southern RV that has zero deductible at any of their four dealerships and $100.00 deductible anywhere else. It is for 7 years and was cheaper that Good Sam's and only $300 more than Progressive.
Fufys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #22

I just purchased a 2015 Forester 3011 (same as Sunseeker 3010). I received one year free Roadside Assistance from Coach-Net. I also purchased the extended warranty offered by my dealership, XtraRide. It was more expensive that Good Sams but it was endorsed by the RVDA and there was something in it that Good Sams did not cover--I will have to pull out my notes. These are the situations I am never sure what to do but there are three sisters and two dogs traveling together and we wanted a security blanket.
nbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #23

Thanks everyone. The comment on used parts is a good one. Need to check on that. Good sam's service plan was a few thousand cheaper than the warranty, but had a deductible, 1000, 250 and 100 at different price points. We do have a camping world close. How is camping world's service? Rv direct has been great to work with so far... pick up in late April... ready to go camping.
trnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #24

Have the Good Sams policy and have had work done on my MH 3 times, they have never used any used parts, All new stuff, Dometic gas valve, Slide motor, water pump. All parts were new in the box, i was there and watched the repairs done each time,
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #25

Did you buy the unit from Camping World?
Budro35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #26

I just recieved a extended service plan brochore from Good Sam. Contemplating, any pros and cons?
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:10 PM   #27

I did not but it from Camping World, The work was done at 2 different RV places, Robbins RV in Ormond Beach Florida and General RV in Brownstown Michigan,
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #28

As I looked at Good Sam's and others from the dealers...the one thing they all had in common was that they covered most everything EXCEPT the structure of the coach and roof. They scare you by talking about driving being like a hurricane and an earthquake...then don't cover the thing that would be most expensive to fix in a hurricane or an earthquake. We decided to save our money and self insure...but would have bought if the rig itself was covered. Because of all the things that are covered...one tends to assume the structure is and that might be a big and expensive surprise.
Warranties may still be worthwhile for some...but go into them reading ALL the fine print and look for what is NOT there...not simply the exclusion list from their advertising. It's the contract that counts.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #29

I almost bought the Good Sam esp. It was $1800 and change with tire coverage with $100 deductible for 4yrs and after thinking it over I realized what are they actually covering, my chassis is covered for 5yrs coach for one year and some other stuff is covered for 2 and 3yrs. I opted for WW for seven yrs $100 deductible and after a few days I got the other estimate price list for 7yrs and it was $2000 more than WW, and everything I could find out about them, seemed they were pretty solid. Look it only gives me some piece of mind but you still have to put a few bucks aside to cover things that may not be covered under certain circumstances, just my opinion
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #30

US Plus Warranty

My dealer just sent me information on the US Plus Extended Warranty. It covers everything like Good Sams but a lot cheaper. I can bring it to any dealer/company for the work, $100 deductable. Does anyone know anything about this company?
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #31

In reference to the used and or remanufactured parts ,it is listed in the Good Sams Small print on the quote. When I got my quote for my travel trailer I read it in depth and that was when I decided to not purchase. I received a call the next day from a good sams representative and brought this to light, along with the non coverage on slide seals and he confirmed my statement. Otherwise I would have purchased the policy. Shop wisely. I can not answer for customers with motor homes but that is what the quote for a travel trailer stated.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam, service, warranty