Old 05-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

Factory Installed Bigfoot Jacks Ground Clearance 2014 2860DS

Anyone know what the factory ground clearance of the Bigfoot Jacks are on a 2860DS

Old 05-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
GM

used to be 9"

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

For what it's worth my 3120 has 6" clearance in the front and 7" in the rear with 50# in the bags. Coach has the basic long term stuff in it, full fuel but no water, food, clothes, etc.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #4

yea, I haven't measured mine but I bet its not over 7" ... I had to back up over part of the curb to get into my home parking spot and it scraped a couple times (barely) when the back tire was up against the curb. that's scary! I guess no boon dogging on unimproved mountain roads. guess I'm going to have to clean up my shop as a summer project so I can park in it this winter on second thought its going to take a LONG time LOL

thanks for the info!
Old 05-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #5

BC, do you think they lowered them in the 2014 2860DS?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #6

More clearance may be good when driving. However the front stroke is only about 12" so if the clearance was 9 " then you would only have a 3" effective stroke. 9 " would be used up to reach the ground. This would make the jacks kind of useless unless you add blocks which is what you would do if you didn't have jacks. The rears have about 2" more stroke.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #7

I also have a 2014 2860ds and had the bigfoot levelers installed at the Quadra Factory after taking delivery. Mine have only 7 or so inches of clearance also. I was a little concerned also although before having them installed I tried pulling in a driveway that had a small slope to it and the trailer hitch scraped. What I have determined is that no matter what there is very little clearance and you should try and stay as level as possible.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #8

I have found the fronts to drag at times when pulling from a side road onto a main road with a crown. The one thing about having the jacks installed after purchase at Big Foot is you get the 10" feet with turned up and angled corners. I think they would be less likely to drag and dig in than the FR version of "Big Foot" with the "little feet" 7" plates with flat sharp corners.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #9

I will have to check and measure the size to be sure. Didn't know they used 2 different size feet.

Tags
2014, factory, jacks, led