Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
Disabled American Veteran

Our 3010ds, 2013, has a fantastic fan that came with it and its in the living room.
3010ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #22

Smile

As the wife and I are not real fans of A/C we requested FR add the Fantastic fan to the bedroom in our 2013 2860. They charged $150 extra which wasn't that bad. We tried it out one day and man does it move the air..even on the low speed.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #23

Our Pleasureway Excel TS came with one, they are great!
PaDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #24

My first post...

I have a Forest River Sunseeker 2900 and am installing Fan-Tastic vents (6600R) in bedroom and living room in place of the "fanless" vents. Installation went great. It is pre-wired. I installed the first one and hooked it up but I can't get any power from the wires. Is there an individual circuit for the ceiling vents and are they 12v?
jroller11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #25
Commercial Member

I always thought we tied into the lighting circuit for the pre-wire. They are 12V. If you have lights, you should have power.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #26

I have lights, but the wires that are already there have no power. I could probably hook into the wires that power the light, but I'll have to drill a hole to get to the light. It's about two feet away from the vent. Sure wish I could get power to the existing pre-wires.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #27
Commercial Member

I wonder if it is a separate circuit and they left a fuse out. I'd check for blanks in there.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #28

I put fuses in the blanks... no luck. Looks like a trip from an electrician. Bummer, it should be simple. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #29
Commercial Member

Just confirmed it feeds off the bunk light and the bath fan (not main lights). So check your bunk light and the bath power fan.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #30

Both bath fan and bunk light work.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #31

The two prewired fan outlets do not have power at the ceiling. However, I checked at the fuse box and both wires (Pink and White-livingroom, Purple and White-Bedroom) are hot coming out of the box. Is there a junction box somewhere? Could you send me a wiring schematic of my coach (2008 Forest River Sunseeker 2900?
Old 05-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #32
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroller11 View Post
The two prewired fan outlets do not have power at the ceiling. However, I checked at the fuse box and both wires (Pink and White-livingroom, Purple and White-Bedroom) are hot coming out of the box. Is there a junction box somewhere? Could you send me a wiring schematic of my coach (2008 Forest River Sunseeker 2900?
A wiring diagram? Good luck. LOL.

Sumpting ain't connected somewhere. Pull the lights and see if there is a stray wire lying there.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
Commercial Member

I'll ask for some ideas from the line.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #34

Fantastic fan

Went to Forest River dealer in Palm Desert, CA and talked to the service manager. He said he runs into this problem all the time, even on the new ones that come in. The ceiling is prewired but is hardly ever hot. His recommendation is to wire fan to the nearest light in the ceiling. I pretested this and the fan works great. So, I'm going to complete the wiring tomorrow. Thanks for all the advise. This is a great forum and I appreciate all the comments.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #35

I have a fan in the bathroom but it's not a Fantastic. It's been in the 90-100's most of the summer so I think I need a Fantastic but in the living room. With the frameless windows I am getting absolutely NO draft or cross draft in here. I am not clear on this: is the vent in the living room prewired to accept a Fantastic. I have a Rockwood TT 8523SS. Thanks!!!!
GVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #36
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
NP - I had actually ordered 3 of them and canceled my order after I wanted to be ahead of the curve and downloaded the instructions. Here are the instructions:

http://www.fantasticvent.com/product...%201_23_12.pdf

The instructions fail to mention that in order to remove 4 screws you need to remove 2 lbs. of caulking!
It took me like 10 minutes to remove 4 little sections of caulk, remove the screws, and install the brackets, redo the caulk with dicor and done.

Less time and effort than it took to drill the four holes in the vent housing and install the small nuts and bolts in the other vent covers.

The performant inhancements are well worth scraping a little caulk. GEEEZE
Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #37

Ordered covers for mine. Stupidly did not research properly, so did not order Dicor also. Need to wait 3-5 business days to install. Glad to hear installation not as complicated or intimidating.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #38

Fantastic Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We use the "Create a Breeze". 3 speed, no rain or temp setting.

It is not a new hole, we put it in place of one of the non-power vents. The option on Sunseeker is in the living area (there is still one over the bunk area on most floor plans). Anywhere there is a vent we could put in a fantastic fan, even if it just says living room. Same option price to put it in the bathroom or bedroom.

We also pre-wire every non-power vent just in case you want to add something later.
Thanks for the info. So, my 2013 (early) is pre-wired? When I take out the current vent in the living room or the vent over the bed, I will find the wires to hook up the Fantastic Fan?
jtrippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #39
Plain Old Member

I opted for the maxx air 2 covers. Didn't feel like removing sealant, easy or not. As often as we trade RV's, the 4 covers I put on this one are coming off and going to the next. Wife said we gotta quit buying the same stuff over and over for each one, do ill just start keeping stuff. It's a shame I left all my progressive dynamics stuff on the tiffin. Somebody got a bonus package.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #40

We had a bedroom Fantastic Fan ordered with our 2013 2860. It's worth the $125 to have it installed at the factory. When you open the windows and turn them on it's like a minor hurricane in the MH.
Wildkats66 is offline   Reply With Quote