Old 05-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #31

The two prewired fan outlets do not have power at the ceiling. However, I checked at the fuse box and both wires (Pink and White-livingroom, Purple and White-Bedroom) are hot coming out of the box. Is there a junction box somewhere? Could you send me a wiring schematic of my coach (2008 Forest River Sunseeker 2900?

Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #32
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroller11 View Post
The two prewired fan outlets do not have power at the ceiling. However, I checked at the fuse box and both wires (Pink and White-livingroom, Purple and White-Bedroom) are hot coming out of the box. Is there a junction box somewhere? Could you send me a wiring schematic of my coach (2008 Forest River Sunseeker 2900?
A wiring diagram? Good luck. LOL.

Sumpting ain't connected somewhere. Pull the lights and see if there is a stray wire lying there.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #33
GM

I'll ask for some ideas from the line.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #34

Fantastic fan

Went to Forest River dealer in Palm Desert, CA and talked to the service manager. He said he runs into this problem all the time, even on the new ones that come in. The ceiling is prewired but is hardly ever hot. His recommendation is to wire fan to the nearest light in the ceiling. I pretested this and the fan works great. So, I'm going to complete the wiring tomorrow. Thanks for all the advise. This is a great forum and I appreciate all the comments.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #35

I have a fan in the bathroom but it's not a Fantastic. It's been in the 90-100's most of the summer so I think I need a Fantastic but in the living room. With the frameless windows I am getting absolutely NO draft or cross draft in here. I am not clear on this: is the vent in the living room prewired to accept a Fantastic. I have a Rockwood TT 8523SS. Thanks!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78 View Post
NP - I had actually ordered 3 of them and canceled my order after I wanted to be ahead of the curve and downloaded the instructions. Here are the instructions:

http://www.fantasticvent.com/product...%201_23_12.pdf

The instructions fail to mention that in order to remove 4 screws you need to remove 2 lbs. of caulking!
It took me like 10 minutes to remove 4 little sections of caulk, remove the screws, and install the brackets, redo the caulk with dicor and done.

Less time and effort than it took to drill the four holes in the vent housing and install the small nuts and bolts in the other vent covers.

The performant inhancements are well worth scraping a little caulk. GEEEZE
Old 07-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #37

Ordered covers for mine. Stupidly did not research properly, so did not order Dicor also. Need to wait 3-5 business days to install. Glad to hear installation not as complicated or intimidating.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #38

Fantastic Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We use the "Create a Breeze". 3 speed, no rain or temp setting.

It is not a new hole, we put it in place of one of the non-power vents. The option on Sunseeker is in the living area (there is still one over the bunk area on most floor plans). Anywhere there is a vent we could put in a fantastic fan, even if it just says living room. Same option price to put it in the bathroom or bedroom.

We also pre-wire every non-power vent just in case you want to add something later.
Thanks for the info. So, my 2013 (early) is pre-wired? When I take out the current vent in the living room or the vent over the bed, I will find the wires to hook up the Fantastic Fan?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #39
Plain Old Member

I opted for the maxx air 2 covers. Didn't feel like removing sealant, easy or not. As often as we trade RV's, the 4 covers I put on this one are coming off and going to the next. Wife said we gotta quit buying the same stuff over and over for each one, do ill just start keeping stuff. It's a shame I left all my progressive dynamics stuff on the tiffin. Somebody got a bonus package.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #40

We had a bedroom Fantastic Fan ordered with our 2013 2860. It's worth the $125 to have it installed at the factory. When you open the windows and turn them on it's like a minor hurricane in the MH.